So, I have recently been trying out the GoWise 3.7 Quart Air Fryer and am totally impressed. One of the things I wanted to do, was to do a side by side test with my famous Pressure Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings recipe, which I finish off in the oven.
I made the Pressure Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings in my new GoWise 8 Quart Pressure Cooker and finished off half the wings in the Air Fryer and half the wings in the oven, to see which is better.
Hands down, this Air Fryer Pressure Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings cooked in the Air Fryer won by leaps and bounds. The Air Fryer rendered more fat out of the skin, which gave the skin a nice solid crunch.
The meat itself, was firm, not soft, like after being baked in the oven. Plus, the cook time in the Air Fryer was much shorter than in the oven.
Please join my Facebook Air Fryer Recipe Group and join in on the fun!
The onions and garlic get a bit of a sauté and then the rest of the ingredients are added right in the Pressure Cooker cooking pot with the wings.
Five minutes after pressure was reached, I had cooked wings, but not crispy skin, like everybody loves.
I adore this GoWise Air Fryer! I hated my last one because I had to flip and shake and flip and shake.
While the wings were crisping, I thickened the sauce in the Pressure Cooker. When the sauce was thick, I dunked the wings into the sauce and then placed them back into the air fryer.
Wowza, delicious Honey Bourbon Wings from start to finish in under 30 minutes.
If you do not have an air fryer, please use this Pressure Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings recipe and finish the wings in the oven.
- GoWise 8 Quart Pressure Cooker
- GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- 18/18 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
Anchor Hocking Measuring Cups
- Rosle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Silicone Coated Tongs
- Lock N Lock Storage Container
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
- 3-5 pounds chicken wing pieces
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Push the Sauté or Browning button on your Pressure Cooker.
- Add ketchup, liquid smoke, brown sugar, onion and garlic to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Stir until sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Turn Pressure Cooker off.
- Add the water and the rest of the ingredients.
- Carefully add the wings and mix into the sauce.
- Lock on the lid and Close the Pressure Valve.
- Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, do a Quick Release.
- With tongs, gently remove wings from the Pressure Cooker and place into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Turn the Pressure Cooker to Sauté or Browning and allow sauce to thicken while the wings are crisping in the oven.
- Place basket into air fryer and set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes.
- When Beep is heard, remove the basket from the air fryer and dunk wings into the sauce in the Pressure Cooker cooking pot or dump wings into a bowl and toss them with sauce.
- Return the wings to the Air Fryer and set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes.
- Place any extra sauce into a bowl and use for dipping.