Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick weeknight meal that can be on your table, including a side of rice and veggies, in less than 30 minutes.
I think I have eight slow cookers….really. I’ve been known to use them all at once. I love my slow cookers and haven’t been able to part with them yet but I am converting recipes to be used in the Pressure Cooker.
This Honey Garlic Chicken is a favorite of my friend, Ellen, who asked me to convert this for her Pressure Cooker.
Turn this Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe into a one pot meal!
This recipe is so simple. Mix everything together in your Pressure Cooker.
Add the chicken and push some buttons.
You are ready to lock on the lid and cook your entire dinner in ONE pot at the same time!!!
Open the pot and remove the Pan of rice. Place the lid on top of the rice to allow it to continue to steam and finish the cooking process. While the rice is steaming, go on to the next step. Your rice will be perfectly cooked by the time the beef is ready.
It’s important not to dump the Potato Starch into hot liquid, as it will clump.
I make a slurry by removing some liquid with a measuring cup, adding in the starch and then whisking it together really well. The slurry then gets poured back into the hot liquid. This technique prevents the liquid in the pot to clump.
I’ve mentioned my Rosle Flat Whisk before, as it is now the only whisk I use.
It makes whisking and mixing so much easier than a round whisk.
If you don’t want to cook your rice with the Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, you can make it in a separate pot, using this recipe, Pressure Cooker White Rice. Alternatively, if you are cooking for a crowd and need a larger portion of rice, using the “Pot In Pot” method, try my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice.
Other Asian dishes that go well with this Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken are One Pot Pressure Cooker Chinese Orange Pepper Chicken & Rice, Pressure Cooker Chinese Take-Out Beef & Broccoli and Pressure Cooker Healthy Inside Out “Eggrolls.”
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
- Potato Starch
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe::
- 3 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
- 3 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chili Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- ¾ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Potato Starch
- See my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice recipe
- Add water, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, chili paste and garlic to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Lock lid and close Pressure Valve.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice now.
- Cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- When Beep is heard, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove rice and trivet. Quickly place cover on rice to finish steaming.
- Using a heat resistant cup, remove some sauce and add the cornstarch. Whisk to dissolve and then pour back into the pot and stir.
- Select Sauté or Browning and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.