This Pressure Cooker Best Macaroni Salad Recipe is perfect for picnics. It’s flavorful, easy to make and ready for the fridge in under 15 minutes!
Pressure Cooker Best Macaroni Salad
The Summer is here and everyone is always scrambling to find a really good Macaroni Salad recipe that they can bring to picnic.
This Pressure Cooker Best Macaroni Salad Recipe fits the bill.
It’s quick because it cooks in the Pressure Cooker and is best when made the day before your event.
It’ the Best, because it is filled with yummy ingredients and CHEESE!!!
I like a creamy Macaroni Salad, but not bogged down with mayonnaise.
I like the Macaroni Salad best, with just Mayonnaise.
It adds a nice amount of zing and freshness.
If you can get De Cecco Elbow Macaroni, I suggest using it, as in this case, brand does made a difference.
Salt the water well, as it’s the only change to nicely season the Macaroni.
Some people like Hard Boiled Eggs in their Macaroni Salad.
My Pressure Cooker Summer Picnic Potato Salad is another great side dish for picnics and parties.
If you have a Food Processor with a Shredder Attachment, you can easily make your own Shredded Carrots.
It’s so much cheaper too.
Three to Five Carrots.
Zip Zip, Done!
Use as much or as little carrots as you like.
The Shredded Carrots will soften overnight in the Dressing.
You could even chop up your Sweet N Spicy Pickles in the Food Processor.
They are both sweet Pickles.
I should have just used my large Food Processor and dirtied both of them unnecessarily.
In a Medium Mixing Bowl, mix together the Sauce ingredients.
I don’t use eggs!
The Scallions and Shredded Carrots will soften as they marinate in the Sauce.
Add some cool water to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
Shake the basket, to make sure all water has been drained.
Pour in the Sauce ingredients and mix together.
Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Let the warm Macaroni absorb the flavors in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before adding the Cheese and Olives.
Before serving, add in the Cheddar Cheese and the Black Olives.
Swiss Cheese is good in this Macaroni Salad too! It’s my preference.
So, is Colby Jack!
If you like Ham, grab a Ham Steak and Cube it.
Squeeze out the Water from the Ham Steak Cubes.
Many people love Ham in their Macaroni Salad.
I prefer it without.
Do you like that big Glass Bowl I used to serve this Salad? It’s a Bormioli Rocco Viva Salad Bowl and it’s a bargain.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Electric Pepper Mill
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Chef Pro Mini Food Chopper
- 11 Cup Food Processor
- Bormioli Rocco Viva Salad Bowl
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Best Macaroni Salad RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 10 oz Sweet 'N Spicy Pickles diced
- 6 oz Carrots shredded
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Homemade Yogurt (or mayonnaise to taste)
- 2-3 Scallions chopped
- 1/8 cup Sweet 'N Spicy Pickles Juice
- 1/4 tsp True Lemon (or 1 TBL Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1 TBL White Sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce optional
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Optional Add Ins
- 8 oz Ham Steak cubed
- Add Elbow Macaroni, Kosher Salt and Fresh Water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 2 minutes. When Beep is heard, wait 5 minutes, then release all pressure. Add cool water to Pressure Cooker and then pour Macaroni through Strainer basket to drain. Place in large bowl
- Mix together Sauce ingredients. Pour over Macaroni and combine. Allow to chill in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Mix in Cheese and Olives. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.