Pressure Cooker Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls, with a Mexican flair are made with good and wholesome ingredients, can be on your table in under 30 minutes. Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls.
These Pressure Cooker Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls made with Rice in ONE POT, is a very flexible recipe.
By all the emails I get about my Pressure Cooker One Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, I figured you all might want another One Pot Chicken and Rice recipe. So, here you go!
Don’t forget to make up a batch of my This Old Gal’s Simple Guacamole to go along with your Taco Bowls.
Make sure to rinse the Rice until the water runs clear.
Assuming you will be making your own Salsa from scratch, heat your Pressure Cooker cooking pot and allow to fully heat.
This will help to make your Stainless Steel cooking pot non-stick.
Add the Chopped Onions and use a Spatula to Sauté until they begin to soften, about three minutes.
(My di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set is a bit on the pricey side, but it will be the last set of Spatulas you buy!)
Add in your Chopped Red Peppers and Sauté with the Chopped Onions for about a minute and then toss in the Minced Garlic.
Don’t allow the Garlic to burn, just mix it into the Vegetables.
Dump in the Packet of Seasoning, Beans, Corn, Cilantro and squeeze all the juice from the Lime.
I keep a big batch made, so that I can just grab a couple of Tablespoons instead of using a Packet.
But, to make this a quick meal, I have shown you this recipe, using a Packet of Seasoning.
If you want to give your Pressure Cooker Taco Burrito Bowls a flavor boost, add in a couple shakes of True Lime Garlic Cilantro.
The flavors are unmatched. The Citrus tastes like you picked the fruit right off your tree. I used a couple of teaspoons.
You can spread around the ingredients, but don’t mix them up!
I just wanted you to see all of the pretty colors of this Pressure Cooker Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls recipe.
Dump in the Jasmine Rice on top of everything. This will keep the Rice from becoming mushy.
You can make this dish as seasoned or not seasoned as you like.
That’s it and it is ready to be cooked.
Remember, if you are in a hurry and do not want to make your own Salsa, skip the Sautéing of the Onions and Fresh Garlic.
Garnish with whatever you like.
Grated Cheese, Sour Cream or Homemade Greek Yogurt, Fresh Cilantro, Fresh Diced Tomatoes and a wedge of Lime.
This makes a great filling for Burritos and Tacos.
How about a Mexican Chicken Tostada Bowl?
You can even make your own Tortillas with my easy Yogurt Whey Indian Chapati / Roti (Flatbread) recipe!
Don’t forget the Quick and Easy Guacamole!!!!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner– I totally love this spatula!
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Rotel Mexican Diced Tomatoes
- True Lime Garlic Cilantro
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Chicken Taco Burrito BowlsPrint Pin Rate
- 2.5 lbs/ Chicken Breasts Boneless/Skinless (cut into chunks)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow/Brown Onion chopped
- 1 large Red Pepper chopped
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 2.5 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
- 16 oz Corn Kernels frozen, fresh or canned
- 15 oz Black Beans (canned) (drain liquid from can)
- 1 pkt Taco Seasoning (Mild or Spicy)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves chopped
- 12 oz Jasmine Rice
- 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 15 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes, Mexican Flavor
- 1 large Lime
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp True Lime Garlic Cilantro
- Using the Sauté button, or other button, allow Pressure Cooker to fully heat.
- Add Olive Oil and Chopped Onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Red Pepper and minced garlic and turn off pot.
- Add chicken broth and mix through, making sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add chicken chunks, corn, black beans, taco seasoning, True Lime Garlic Cilantro, lime Juice, salt and rice. Do not mix. Lastly, cover with Rotel and diced tomatoes.
- Lock on Lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. Wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Open pot, add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Garnish with Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Fresh Cilantro and a Lime Wedge. Serve with Tortilla Chips, if desired.
Don’t forget to PIN IT!