Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken
Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner, bursting with tender, juicy chicken in a sweet tomato salsa. Perfect for busy moms and dads.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Pressure Release7 mins
Total Time13 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts Boneless/Skinless (boneless/skinless)
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce regular or sugar free
Place chicken into cooking pot.
In a bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and all Fiesta ingredients. Pour over chicken.
Lock on lid and close pressure value. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then carefully release the rest of the pressure.
Remove chicken to serving dish and select the Sauté/Browning button and simmer about 5 minutes to thicken sauce, if desired. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
To Crisp Chicken Using Crisplid
After releasing pressure, turn off pressure cooker and place Mealthy Crisplid on top.
Set temperature to 380 degrees and set time to 4 minutes. Crisp until nicely browned.
Serve with rojo fiesta sauce on the side.
Three Ingredient Recipe Alternative
- One large tub of salsa
- One bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Mix them together and toss it into the pot with the chicken
Side Dishes for Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken
Variations for Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken
- Boneless/skinless dark meat, cook for 5 minutes.
- Bone in chicken breasts - cook for 6 minutes and then transfer chicken to an air fryer at 390 degrees for 3 minutes to brown skin. Or place on cookie sheet and broil in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Bone in chicken thighs/legs - cook for 8 minutes and then transfer chicken to an air fryer at 390 degrees for 3 minutes to brown skin. Or place on cookie sheet and broil in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Double the sauce recipe, package up half and place in freezer. Next time you want Instant Pot Rojo Fiesta Chicken, pull a package out of the freezer to defrost and add to pressure cooker and cook according to the time suggested above.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1547mg | Potassium: 807mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.5mg