Pressure Cooker Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
This Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is Gluten Free, Low Fat, Low Carbs, super healthy and will clear your sinuses!
Prep Time26 mins
Cook Time4 mins
Pressure Release15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
Place Mushrooms in a medium bowl and Lily Flowers in a small bowl and cover each with hot water for 30 minutes. Drain liquid from the Mushrooms, remove stems and hard nubs and thinly slice. Drain Lily Flowers and rinse and then cut in half.
To the cooking pot add, Mushrooms, Lily Flowers, Bamboo Shoots, Chili Paste, Ginger, Garlic, Tofu, Vegetable Stock and Soy Sauce.
Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
Turn off Pressure Cooker and Select Sauté. Crack the Eggs into a cup and add a couple of drops of Sesame Oil. Whisk well. When Soup begins to bubble, pour Eggs into middle of cooking pot. Wait a few second and then in a circular motion, slowly stir the Soup, just a couple of times.
Turn Pressure Cooker to Keep Warm and add the rest of the Sesame Oil, White Pepper and Vinegar. Drop in Scallions and serve with a garnish of Cilantro, if desired.
- If you have my Ginger-Garlic Paste, use 2 Tablespoons instead of the individual measurements above. Otherwise, use a cheese grater or food processor.
- For a thicker Soup, reserve ¼ cup of the Mushroom Water and mix it with 1 Tablespoon Potato Starch. Whisk into Soup, after pressure has been released, right before adding in the Eggs.
- If you prefer a milder flavor, start out with 1 teaspoon of Sambal Oelek, as you can always add more. Huy Fong Foods Sambal Oelek is a wonderful chili paste, as it offers a wonderful pure chili taste.
- Dried Wood War Mushrooms, often referred to as “Black Fungus,” are very inexpensive and are found in Asian Markets. They expand significantly when re-hydrated. Cremini Mushrooms (8 oz) can be subbed.
- Try adding 4 ounces of Snow Peas, after pressure is released, to add some veggie crunch to the Soup.
The Soup will still be delicious, using the substitutions.
What to Eat with Pressure Cooker Hot and Sour Soup
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1632mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.2mg