Pressure Cooker Creamy Mexican Macaroni and Cheese
A Mexican, creamy spin on Macaroni and Cheese.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Pressure Release5 mins
Total Time8 mins
Servings: 8 servings
Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound Cavatappi Pasta or other pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Dry/Ground Mustard Seed
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt or 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 cups Fresh Water
- 12 oz Heavy Cream or Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Oaxaca Cheese shredded (Monterey Jack or Gruyère work well too)
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese optional
Add pasta, butter, mustard, hot pepper sauce, heavy cream,* salt and water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. When beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
Turn off Pressure Cooker and then select Saute or Browning and mix in the cheese in three parts, mixing well before adding more. When desired thickness is achieved, turn off Pressure Cooker.
Top with Crispy Bacon Topping, if desired.
Any pasta shells will work. Rule of thumb is to cook pasta for 1/2 the lesser cook time stated on package and then subtract 2 minutes with a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release.
*If using anything other than heavy cream, add it in AFTER pressure release, as opposed to adding it in with the dry pasta and change cook time to 3 minutes.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1190mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 0.8mg