Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing is sweet and tangy; similar to Russian Salad Dressing. It is also delicious as a marinade and cooking sauce.
Jump to Section
Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing
The year was 1973. Catalina Salad Dressing was introduced to me by my dad’s second wife. The sweet, tanginess of the dressing caught my attention.
Blue Cheese Dressing is my very favorite dressing, but I did enjoy Catalina Dressing as a change.
I’ve been making Slow Cooker Russian Chicken for years and when thinking about converting my recipe to the Pressure Cooker, I thought, why not make the Russian Dressing from scratch for my Pressure Cooker Russian Chicken.
I later found out that Russian Dressing, not the creamy kind you get on Rueben sandwiches, is a very close cousin of Catalina Salad Dressing.
Russian Dressing is sometimes difficult to find, so if you love Russian Dressing, try this Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing instead. Recipe inspired by Food.com.
Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or Blender and process until very smooth.
Store in the refrigerator in a glass jar. The Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing will last a couple of weeks.
Use this dressing in place of the Russian Dressing in my Pressure Cooker Russian Chicken recipe! Another homemade salad dressing and marinade to try is my Sweet Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing and Marinade.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Ball 16 oz Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or Blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate.