Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing and Marinade is one of my favorite store bought dressings. I love it on salads and as a marinade. One of my favorite ways of cooking salmon is using Vidalia Onion Dressing as a marinade and then as a sauce.
As I was thinking about preparing a Greek salad for lunch, I thought about the dressing and read the back of the bottle and decided to come up with my own version.
I hope you will like the dressing as much as me.
There are quite a few ingredients, but it all comes together so quickly, that it will be worth the little effort. No preservatives is always a plus, right? So, make your own homemade dressing and ditch the bottled stuff.
Just dump in all ingredients, except for the poppy seeds into your VitaMix.
And turn your VitaMix to high speed and blend well.
Add the poppy seeds and blend on high for just a second, so that they will evenly mix into the dressing and only slightly break a part.
Refrigerate the dressing for a few hours or overnight. I love to store dressing and many other things in these cute little Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars.
Enjoy on salads, use as a dip for fried vegetables, use as a marinade for meat, chicken, fish!
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
- VitaMix Creations
Here is your handy printable recipe:
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil canola and/or soybean
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Distilled Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Mustard Seed
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Put all ingredients, except poppy seeds into Vitamix and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Add poppy seeds and blend for 2 seconds.
- Pour into containers and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Shake well before serving.