Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice option, is a one pot recipe for making great tacos, burritos, salads and more.
Tacos and Burritos and Rice, oh my! This Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice is better than Drive Thru Fast Food and is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Yep, you heard me right. The rice and the chicken cook at the same time, in the same pot.
For this recipe both white and dark meat chicken work very well.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Salsa Lime chicken
- Salsa – homemade or fresh
If you are thinking about doing a taco bar, consider making my Pressure Cooker Drive Thru Tacos too, as they are incredibly incredible! 🙂
For the most flavor, it is always a good idea to marinate chicken overnight, or for at least 30 minutes. You can easily pop it into a baggie and place in the fridge over night.
If you are making your own salsa, just cut up tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cilantro and anything else you enjoy.
Fresh lime really takes the flavor up to another level. I like to add it after the chicken is cooked too.
If you would like rice with your Pressure Cooker Cilantro Lime Rice my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice recipe is perfect to turn this Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken recipe into a one pot meal!
I use one of the pans from my Ekovana Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Stackable Pans Set and a stainless steel trivet. The flat bottom of the pan and the stainless steel ensures even and quicker cooking.
Shred the Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken with a couple of forks or a Hand Mixer. There will be enough liquid to pour over your Cilantro Lime Rice.
I like to pour a bit of liquid over my Pressure Cooker Frijoles, too, which I serve on the side, or tuck into my tacos.
Squeeze some more lime over the top, if you like, for a really fresh taste.
The Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken can be used in tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, lettuce wraps and more. Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice and my Pressure Cooker Frijoles (re-fried beans).
Don’t laugh, but we like to use Taco Amigo Tongs so that the tacos don’t fall over.
That’s not sour cream on top, that is my Homemade Greek Yogurt. I replaced sour cream with Homemade Greek Yogurt for almost everything where sour cream is used. That’s easy on the wallet too!
More Instant Pot Easy (dump/push) Chicken Recipes to Make:
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Low Carb + Video!
- Instant Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken Olive Garden
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Japanese Chicken Curry
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
- Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot Pot Rice recipe
- 2 TBL Fresh Cilantro Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp True Lime Garlic Cilantro
- 1 TBL Butter
- Remove all fat from chicken.
- Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of chicken.
- Add seasoned chicken to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Pour on Salsa and squeeze one lime over the chicken.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Cilanto Lime Rice now.
- Lock on Lid and Close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High pressure for 6 minutes for dark meat. (See notes section)
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Open lid and squeeze on more lime, if desired.
- Shred chicken and serve in taco shells, burritos, lettuce leaves, or on a salad.
For bone in breast - cook 5 minutes with a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef's Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer - for baking and shredding chicken!
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- Stainless Steel Tall/Short Trivet & Egg Cooker Set
- Ekovana Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Stackable Pans Set
- True Lime - Lime, Garlic Cilantro
- Homemade Greek Yogurt
- Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice recipe
- Taco Amigo Tongs