Fragrant and pungent, yet simple and quick, Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken will be on your table in less than 30 minutes, when cooked in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken
Tired and in a hurry for dinner and don’t feel like cooking?
My Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken is just for you.
Grab a Bag of Chicken Thighs with the Marinade and toss it into your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. I will show you how below.
My very good and long time friend, Suzanne Berrin, posted about a recipe she had just made. It sounded divine and right up my alley insofar as ingredients go.
Plus, since I have been doing a series on Dump and Push Start recipes, I saw that this recipe Suzanne had used her stove top and that her recipe would be easy and quick to convert to the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
I thought about making some changes. I was going to add in a shot of Sambal Oelek Ground Chili Paste, but then I decided not to change a thing, other than adjusting the liquid and amount of ingredients.
I’ve already got a Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wing recipe with similar ingredients and I wanted to make sure the taste was completely different.
For this recipe, you must love Ginger and Garlic, as those notes are really high.
This recipe comes together so fast, I didn’t even bother to measure out ingredients and put them into cute little monkey bowls.
The Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Ginger are the stars of this show.
What are the Ingredients for Balsamic Ginger Chicken?
- Balsamic Vinegar
- My Ginger Garlic Paste or
- Ginger Root
- Fresh Garlic
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Honey or Sugar Free Honey for a Low Carb and Keto recipe
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chicken Thighs (breasts can be used)
If you don’t already have my Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste made up in your refrigerator, and why don’t you, you will have to mince it up now.
This is the hardest part of the whole recipe.
You can hand mince the Ginger Root and Garlic, or use a Mini Chopper to do the dirty work.
For another super delicious Dump and Push Start recipe, try my Pressure Cooker Bruschetta Chicken recipe.
You don’t even really need to dirty an extra Bowl and Whisk up the Marinade if you don’t wanna.
You can just dump all the ingredients into the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker and add the Chicken.
It is seriously, that easy.
But, if you want to take this Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken to a higher level, without any extra work……………………….
In my humble opinion, Chicken is much better if it is first marinated. Otherwise it tastes like, well, plain Chicken.
You can place the Chicken and the Marinade in a Bowl for an hour and let it marinate in the refrigerator.
Alternatively, use a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, which will speed up the flavor infusion process.
Alternatively, yet again, watch for sales on Chicken and stock up. Make several batches of Balsamic Ginger Marinade and divide it together with the Chicken into Foodsaver Bags and toss them in the freezer!
Before going to work take a Bag of Balsamic Ginger Chicken and pop it in your refrigerator. When you get home, toss it all in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
If you forget to take out a bag to defrost, just cook it from frozen and subtract a minute cook time. Yes, I said subtract. 🙂
Here is the dump and push part. I totally meant it.
Dump the Chicken and the Marinade right into the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
There is a lot of Ginger in there!
If you want to add some Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice or Potatoes or Vegetables, add it right on in with the Chicken.
You will need a Tall Legged Trivet and a Stackable Pan Set. I like to use this Aozita Set or the Stack N’ Cook Set as they both have holes in the top. You can cover the rice, so the liquid does not land in the pan and your rice will steam.
If you add Veggies, make sure they are heartier ones, so they don’t turn to much.
Marinading the Chicken totally infuses the flavors into the Chicken….deep into the Chicken.
So much so that you don’t need to thicken the Sauce to put over the Chicken.
Of course, if you want to Simmer the Sauce to make a Balsamic Reduction and drizzle it over the Chicken, that would be delish. Drizzle some over your Potatoes or Veggies too.
Suzanne says to server this meal with a Garden Salad and Red Potatoes with a drizzle of the Balsamic Reduction.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Eukein Electric Pepper Mill
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
- Stack N’ Cook Stainless Steel Insert Pans
- Stainless Steel Tall/Short Trivet & Egg Cooker Set
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Chef Pro Mini Food Chopper
- FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken
Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 8 Chicken Thighs Boneless/skinless
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste*
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic* minced
- 2 inches Fresh Ginger Root* peeled/minced
- 4 Tablespoons Clover Honey or Sugar Free Honey
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspooon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Scallions for garnish
- Place Chicken into Bowl or Baggie. Whisk together all ingredients and pour over Chicken.
- Place Chicken in refrigerator and Marinate for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to cook, place Chicken and Marinade into Pressure Cooker.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Plate Chicken and Garnish with chopped Scallions.