The most delicious and mouth watering Balsamic Ginger Chicken recipe will be your new best friend.
My very good and long time friend, Suzanne Berrin, posted a gorgeous photo of a balsamic chicken recipe she had just made in the oven. It looked and sounded divine.
I knew I had to convert the recipe for cooking in the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker and since it tastes even better after marinating, I turned the recipe into a dump and push start recipe.
There is a step by step video below and a complete recipe card follows, including side dish suggestions!
For another super delicious dump and push start recipe, check out my Pressure Cooker Bruschetta Chicken recipe.
This recipe comes together so fast and you don’t even really need to measure, but of course, as always, the full recipe and instructions are found on the recipe card below.
Are you checking out that gorgeous cutting board?
The Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Ginger are the stars of this show.
Click to Jump to Section
Ingredients for Instant Pot Balsamic Ginger Chicken?
- Balsamic Vinegar
- My Ginger Garlic Paste or Ginger Root + Fresh Garlic
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Honey for low carb diets, use Sugar Free Honey
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chicken Thighs (breasts can be used)
As my Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wing recipe has been so popular, I knew another recipe with honey and garlic would be as well. You cannot go wrong with recipes using honey, garlic and ginger.
Another wonderful chicken wing recipe and one you must try is my Air Fryer Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. They are sweet, sticky and garlicky.
Mini choppers are wonderful and such huge time savers, especially for mincing ginger and garlic. Just dump in the fresh garlic and ginger and push the button.
We make a lot of stir fry vegetables, so we always have a jar of Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste in the fridge. It can be used here in this recipe since equal amounts of ginger and garlic are used.
You don’t even really need to dirty an extra Bowl and whisk up the Marinade if you don’t wanna.
It is seriously, that easy.
But, if you want to take this Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken to a higher level, without any extra work……………………….
In my humble opinion, Chicken is much better if it is first marinated. Otherwise it tastes like, well, plain Chicken.
You can place the chicken and the marinade in a bowl for an hour and let it marinate in the refrigerator.
Alternatively, use a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, which will speed up the flavor infusion process.
Instant Pot Balsamic Ginger Chicken for Freezer Meals!
- This Balsamic Ginger Chicken recipe is ideal for freezer meals.
- Watch for sales on chicken and stock up. Divide the chicken into dinner portions into FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System.
- Mix up a few batches of the marinade and pour it into each bag of chicken and then seal. Pop the bags into the freezer.
- Before going to work take a bag of Balsamic Ginger Chicken and pop it in your refrigerator. When you get home, toss it all in the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker.
If you forget to take out a bag to defrost, just cook it from frozen and subtract a minute cook time. Yes, I said subtract. 🙂
Can Chicken Breasts be Use for Instant Pot Balsamic Ginger Chicken?
- Yes. White meat chicken with or without bones can be used for making Instant pot Balsamic Ginger Chicken.
- The cook time n the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker will be reduced by one to two minutes, depending on if bone-in chicken is used or not. Check the recipe card below for cook time adjustments.
- I would suggest removing the chicken skin first.
- White meat chicken is less juicy than dark meat chicken, so make sure to marinate the chicken.
One of my most popular recipes, which uses white meat chicken is my Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken. Dark meat chicken can be used in that recipe.
For another super delicious ‘dump and push start’ recipe, try my Pressure Cooker Bruschetta Chicken recipe.
If you want to add some Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice or Potatoes or Vegetables, add it right on in with the Chicken.
You will need a Tall Legged Trivet and a one pan from this Ekovana Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Stackable Pans Set Set. I like to use this Ekovana brand, as it has holes in the top. The beauty of holes in the top is that you can cover the rice to steam without worrng about the cooking liquid getting into the rice and discoloring it.
Plus, the Ekovana Inset Set comes in choices. You can buy it in a 3 quart, 6 quart or 8 quart set. As Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken is a dump and push start recipes, it is so easy to make in an Instant Pot DUO Mini Plus 3 Quart Pressure Cooker.
Watch my video and then scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card.
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Use skinless chicken.
- Use a mini choppers to finely mince the ginger and garlic.
- Marinating the chicken overnight totally infuses the flavors into the chicken and adds more flavor than just one hour.
- Use the pot in pot method for making rice, or dice potatoes into cubes and cook those pot in pot to easily make mashed potatoes!
- Simmer the sauce to make a balsamic reduction and drizzle it over the chicken, rice, potatoes or veggies.
I know this will become a go-to meal as is it so delicious and very easy.
Suzanne says to server this meal with a Garden Salad and Red Potatoes with a drizzle of the Balsamic Reduction.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Make:
- Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
- Pressure Cooker Jalapeno Honey Chicken w/Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Moroccan Lemon Chicken with Olives
The full and complete recipe is found below on the Recipe Card.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- Ekovana Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Stackable Pans Set
- Stainless Steel Tall/Short Trivet & Egg Cooker Set
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Chef Pro Mini Food Chopper
- FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger ChickenPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 3 pounds Chicken Thighs skinless (about 8 thighs)
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Garlic* minced (about 6 cloves)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Root* peeled/minced (about 2 inches)
- 4 Tablespoons Clover Honey or Sugar Free Honey
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspooon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Scallions for garnish
- Place chicken into bowl or baggie.
- Whisk together all ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Place chicken in refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to cook, place chicken and marinade into pressure cooker.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Plate chicken and garnish with chopped scallions.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Balsamic Ginger Chicken.
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes pairs nicely.
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower would be wonderful to soak up the yummy ginger sauce.
- Instant Pot Skirlie (Scottish Stuffing) is always wonderful as a side dish.