Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are sweet and sticky and using the pressure cooker, can be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
Wings, wings, wings. They are so popular these days and today I bring you Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (or Thighs or Legs).
I remember as a kid, the wings were the cheapest part of the chicken. Well, actually, chicken was so cheap. I never liked chicken much and chicken wings were not a “thing,” like they are in today’s World. How many restaurants offer wings on their menu?
There are so many varieties. So many in fact, that there are restaurants who specialize just in Chicken Wings. Using my Instant Pot Smart Pressure Cooker for wings is great, as I can have the wings on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Honey Ginger is always so popular, so I thought I would do a Pressure Cooker version. It’s an easy recipe and you can finish off the wings in your oven or your Air Fryer. I prefer using my GoWise USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer for chicken wings, as the skin gets nice and crispy, without getting charred. I also like the texture of the meat better, using the Air Fryer.
For a totally different take on Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, please see my Air Fryer Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. It is one of the best recipes I have ever created. The photo alone will grab you!
If you would like to cook your rice at the same time and in the same pot with your Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, Thighs or Legs, please check out my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice recipe for step by step instructions.
Turn this Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, Thighs or Legs recipe into a one pot meal!
I do a breaded deep fried chicken wing with an apricot sauce that is to die for! You may also like my Bourbon Honey Chicken Wings or my Buffalo Hot Wings. My favorite Chicken Wings are my Air Fryer Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, which are super crispy and delicious.
Add the wings to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
Dump in the sauce over the wings and swish it around to cover the wings. Lock on the lid and you are good to go.
You are ready to lock on the lid and cook your entire dinner in ONE pot at the same time!!!
Open the pot and remove the Pan of rice. Place the lid on top of the rice to allow it to continue to steam and finish the cooking process. While the rice is steaming, go on to the next step.
Your rice will be perfectly cooked by the time the Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is ready.
Carefully remove the wings from the sauce and place them either in the air fryer or the oven to crisp.
In the meantime, use your Sauté or Browning button on your Pressure Cooker and cook down the sauce until it becomes slightly thick.
I do 10-12 minutes in my Air Fryer, then shake at the halfway point. For other brands of Air Fryers, you may have to cook a bit longer. Under the broiler, cook about 5-6 minutes each side, or until nicely browned.
Check out my Asian Ginger Chicken Wings, so you can see the oven method and results.
When the sauce has thickened, either dunk the wings back into the sauce and plate, or put the wings back into the Air Fryer or under the broiler for a few more minutes and then plate. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Kuhn Rikon Kitchen Shears
- Silicone Coated Tongs
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken WingsPrint Pin Rate
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings patted dry
- Add wings to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Mix up sauce ingredients and pour over chicken wings.
- Lock on the lid and Close the Pressure Valve.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice now.
- Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release. Remove rice and trivet (if using). Quickly place cover on rice to finish steaming.
- With tongs, gently remove wings from the Pressure Cooker and place into the Air Fryer Basket or onto a cookie sheet to broil in the oven.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, shaking after 6 minutes for the Air Fryer or 5 minutes each side for under the broiler.
- Meanwhile, turn Pressure Cooker to Saute/Browning and stir sauce until thick.
- When Wings are crispy dunk wings into sauce and serve, or return to Air Fryer/Oven to caramelize. Garnish with sliced scallions