Hamburger Hamlet’s Zucchini Zircles with Secret Apricot Sauce is the exact recipe from the famous Hamburger Hamlet Restaurant.
I used to work across the street at the Hamburger Hamlet in Century City (Los Angeles), California and the girls and I used to eat lunch at Hamburger Hamlet about once a week.
The apricot sauce is what got me and they serve it with Breaded Chicken Wings and with their famous Zucchini Zircles.
Unfortunately, the Hamlet was recently sold, but the owners have revealed their secrets. If you don’t have a deep fat fryer, it’s just as easy to use a cast iron skillet to fry the Zircles.
Make sure to make your Hamburger Hamlet Secret Apricot Sauce in advance to give the ingredients a chance to incorporate and bloom.
Make sure to check out my Air Fryer Hamburger Hamlet Fried Chicken Wings and serve them as your main course, after an appetizer of Hamburger Hamlet’s Zucchini Zircles!
Make sure to make up the Hamburger Hamlet’s Secret Apricot Sauce in advance to give the flavors a chance to combine and come together.
More Copycat Recipes to Make:
- Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- Pollo Tropical Creamy Curry Mustard Sauce
- Instant Pot Wendy’s Chili
- Homemade Shake ‘N Bake Coating Mix
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner– I totally love this spatula!
- Electric Pepper Mill
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Lodge 10.25″ Cast Iron Skillet
- Baking Rack
- Hamburger Hamlet’s Secret Apricot Dipping Sauce
- Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Hamburger Hamlet's Zucchini Zircles with Secret Apricot SaucePrint Pin Rate
- Wash Zucchini and then cut on the diaganol, about 1/4 inch. Line a half sheet pan with a paper towel and place Zucchini slices.
- Add 2-3 inches of oil into a cast iron skillet and heat to 375 degrees.
- Place three shallow plates side by side. Fill the first with flour, the second with milk and the third with breadcrumbs.
- Using tongs or a fork, dip each piece of Zucchini into the flour, then milk and then the breadcrumbs. Place them on a wire baking rack.
- When oil reaches 375 degrees, fry Zucchini until golden brown, about 15 seconds on each side. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with Powdered Sugar. Serve with Hamburger Hamlet's Secret Apricot Sauce.