Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower with Fresh Chives, is a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. Low Carb and Keto side dish!
A delicious mashed cauliflower side dish with the added benefits of turmeric is not only tasty, it may help your joint pain! Turmeric is more of an acquired taste. So, if you are afraid to try this recipe because of the Turmeric, just leave it out.
The Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower recipe will be fine, sans Organic Turmeric. I won’t tell anyone, promise.
Several years ago, I began to have pain in my right knee. Yes, you guessed it, arthritis. I’m not one to take pain killers and muscle relaxers, so I searched for something natural. Organic Turmeric is used in curries and in Asian cooking.
Organic Turmeric is also a natural blood thinner and helps with aches and pains and inflammation. Fresh Black Pepper should be used with the Organic Turmeric for it to have any benefit.
The Curcumin is absorbed better when taken with coconut oil. I make a paste called Golden Paste. That’s another story for another day.
Wash the cauliflower and remove the green leaves. Cut off the base so the cauliflower sits flat. If you prefer to pull a part the pieces, make sure to reduce the cook time to five minutes.
I like to use this Salbree Steamer Basket for steaming vegetables. This way, they won’t fall off a trivet and into the water. Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket.
Another delicious cauliflower recipe is my Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Soufflé. It’s so good you will want to double the recipe.
Here is where you decide how soft you want your cauliflower. I like to have a few firm bits in mine. If you like bits, like I do, set the time for 6 minutes. For softer cauliflower, set the time for 8 minutes.
Add the seasonings. I used my Seasoned Salt Recipe, but plain sea salt or Rachael Ray Applewood Smoked Sea Salt tastes great too.
I LOVE chives in this recipe. It really makes this dish super duper worth while when adding chives.
More Instant Pot Delicious Mashed Recipes to Make:
- Asian Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot)
- Healthy Pressure Cooker Potato Carrot Mash
- Instant Pot Colcannon Irish Mashed Potatoes & Kale + Video
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- KOIOS Powerful 800 Watt Immersion Blender
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe.
Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric CauliflowerPrint Pin Save Rate
- Add water to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Place whole cauliflower in steamer basket and place in Pressure Cooker.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on Steam Setting for 6 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 2 minutes and release the rest of the pressure.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and mash with a fork or immersion blender. Alternatively, place in food processor.
- Add Turmeric, pepper, salt and butter. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with a lot of Fresh Chives