Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower with Fresh Chives, is a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. Low Carb and Keto side dish!
Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower
Let’s get this all out in the open. Organic Turmeric by itself, isn’t very good tasting.
It’s more of an acquired taste. So, if you are afraid to try this recipe because of the Turmeric, just leave it out.
The Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower recipe will be fine, sans Organic Turmeric. I won’t tell anyone, promise.
Several years ago, I began to have pain in my right knee. Yes, you guessed it, arthritis. I’m not one to take pain killers and muscle relaxers, so I searched for something natural. Organic Turmeric is used in curries and in Asian cooking.
The Curcumin is absorbed better when taken with coconut oil. I make a paste called Golden Paste. That’s another story for another day.
Wash the cauliflower and remove the green leaves. Cut off the base so the cauliflower sits flat. If you prefer to pull a part the pieces, make sure to reduce the cook time to five minutes.
I like to use this Salbree Steamer Basket for steaming vegetables. This way, they won’t fall off a trivet and into the water. Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket.
Here is where you decide how soft you want your cauliflower. I like to have a few firm bits in mine. If you like bits, like I do, set the time for 6 minutes. For softer cauliflower, set the time for 8 minutes.
Add the seasonings. I used my Seasoned Salt Recipe, but plain sea salt or Rachael Ray Applewood Smoked Sea Salt tastes great too.
At this point, you can either continue mashing up the cauliflower or put it in a VitaMix, Food Processor, or use an Immersion Blender to make it smooth. I like to have pieces of firm cauliflower in the bowl.
I LOVE chives in this recipe. It really makes this dish super duper worth while when adding chives.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Frontier Organic Turmeric
- Hoosier Hill Farm Real Butter Powder
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe.
Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric CauliflowerPrint Pin Rate
- Add water to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Place whole cauliflower in steamer basket and place in Pressure Cooker.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on Steam Setting for 6 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 2 minutes and release the rest of the pressure.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and mash with a fork. Alternatively, place in Vitamix or food processor.
- Add Turmeric, pepper, salt and butter. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with a lot of Fresh Chives