Pressure Cooker Bone Broth (Stock) is cloudy with bits of collagen, gelatin, calcium, and fat suspended in the soup. Low Carb and Keto, this broth helps to curb the keto flu!
A good Bone Broth Stock/Broth should be a little cloudy. Bits of calcium, fat and gelatin are suspended in the soup. Don’t fear the fat! So much flavor lives there. For those following a ketogenic or low carb diet, my Pressure Cooker Bone Broth is an absolutely necessity. The extra nutrients will help to prevent the “keto flu.”
As pressure cookers easily make clear stock, cloudy can be a bit tricky. Because the Instant Pot Smart WiFi can be programmed to be under and off pressure to create a boiling motion, the Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart can and will make a great cloudy bone broth.
With this recipe the Instant Pot DUO Plus or Mealthy MultiPot will also cook the bones until they crumble into rubble. I like the Pressure Cooker Bone Broth (Stock) to be rich and dense with flavor. So I save up bones from various recipes like my Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Chinese Salt and Pepper Pork Chops, Pressure Cooker Red Wine Braised Short Ribs and more and then freeze.
Once I have about three pounds worth, it’s time to make Pressure Cooker Bone Broth. If you start with raw chicken, roast your bones in the oven first. My husband loves my Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken recipe, so we always have roasted chicken carcasses saved in the freezer.
Sometimes I make an all chicken bone broth and others, I mix up the types of bones. This Pressure Cooker Bone Broth (Stock) can be used in most places instead of water.
The key is to cook the bones until they are crumbly, so if you are using an Instant Pot DUO Plus, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker, just set the pressure to high for two to four hours and find your sweet spot.
Click to Jump to Section
Why Use Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Apple Cider Vinegar has so many health benefits.
- For Bone Broth, it helps to draw out the calcium and other minerals in the bones.
To make things easier I recommend the Salbree Steamer Basket. Just pop off the handles popped off. The OXO Good Grips Silicone Steamer is also nice, because you can put your ingredients into the basket inside the cooking pot, without any modification and just remove the basket when cooking is complete.
We also make Chicken Feet Broth for our Tonkinese cats, to pour over their raw food.
I like to put the whole pot in the refrigerator overnight and then remove the layer of fat.
Under the fat is rich, gelatinous bone broth.
It’s easy to store the broth in your freezer with these 16 oz Reditainer Extreme Freezer Containers.
Just slap on a Freezer Label and pop them in your freezer for future use and never buy canned or boxed stock or broth again.
Delicious Recipes Using Bone Broth.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart WiFi or
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- Reditainer Extreme Freezer 32 ounce Containers
- Freezer Labels
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Chicken Bone Broth (Chicken Stock)Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- Place cookie sheet in oven and roast for 20 minutes at 450 degrees turning until browned.
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot pressure cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure (most machines default to high pressure) for 240 minutes.
- When beep sounds, waiting until all the pressure has released and then open the lid.
- Let cool on the counter for one hour and then put into the refrigerator overnight.