Red White Blue Fresh Berry Cheesecake Salad is perfect for summer potlucks and picnics. Festive for 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor day gatherings.
Fresh fruit is natures candy and keeps a body happy. I especially love fresh blueberries and look forward to blueberry season every year.
I also love cheesecake, so after being inspired by The Slow Roasted Italian’s version, I thought I would combine the filling to my favorite New York Cheesecake recipe with fresh berries to make a Red White Blue Fresh Berry Cheesecake Salad .
It’s a salad, so it’s supposed to be healthy, right? Okay, that is stretching it a bit.
The colors are great and this dessert is perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day and other gatherings.
Feel free to use your favorite berries. I used a pound of strawberries and about a pound and a quarter of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
Take a small knife and make a slit from one end of the Vanilla Bean to the other end, making sure not to cut all the way through. Take the back of your knife and start at one end and scrape the caviar out of the bean.
Mix all cheesecake ingredients, except for the zest until nicely whipped. Then fold in the zests.
Mix all cheesecake ingredients into a large bowl and whip with a hand held mixer or a food processor. Mix until very well combined. Add the zests and fold into cheese mixture.
The cheesecake mixture should be nice and soft. Don’t mix in the berries until right before you are ready to serve.
The berries are delicate and will start to break down over a long period of time and you will have a bowl of mush.
Carefully fold the berries into the cheesecake mixture and serve in a large glass bowl, or in individual servings. Top this Red White Blue Fresh Berry Cheesecake Salad Perfect Homemade Whiped Cream and a Cherry, if desired.
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- Bormioli Rocco Viva Salad Bowl
- Beanilla Vanilla Beans
- Pyrex Glass Bowl w/ Lid
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 16 oz Strawberries, washed
- 20 oz Berries (Blueberries. Raspberries, Blackberries), washed
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Peel, grated
- ½ teaspoon Orange Peel, grated
- Wash berries and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and heavy cream.
- Using a hand beater or food processor, whip well.
- Add in peels and mix to combine.
- Right before serving, slice strawberries and then gently fold in berries.
- Pour mixture into a large serving bowl, or individual bowls.
- Top with whipping cream and a cherry, if desired.