Crunchy Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds make a sweet and healthy snack and satisfy your sweet tooth, without adding on the pounds.
The Pumpkin Seeds are started in the Pressure Cooker or on the Stove and finished in the Air Fryer or the Oven. Since I was a kid, I loved eating salted Pumpkin Seeds. Some people chew the whole seed and others peel the shell. I do the former.
This is a little bit of a different method than I used to use and I have to admit, these Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds taste really good starting out in the Pressure Cooker.
I adapted the Blue Jean Chef’s recipe for Air Fried Toasted Pumpkin Seeds to start off in the Pressure Cooker, rather than on the stove. You can still use your stove, or you can use the Pressure Cooker, whichever is your preference.
Let your imagination go wild. Salt & Pepper, Cajun Spiced, Salt & Vinegar, Curry and so on. The method remains the same. This is super easy. I had just used my Sugar Pie Pumpkin Puree to make a Pressure Cooker Buttermilk Sugar Pie Pumpkin Bread, so I thought that Pressure Cooker Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds would be great for a garnish.
Blue Jean Chef’s technique is to first boil your seeds in a sauce pan on the stove, with the spices to get flavor infusion. I used my Pressure Cooker instead, which worked really, really well.
I love that I don’t have to stand over a hot stove and watch the water boil. I much prefer to drop in the seeds and come back when the deed is done!
After you have boiled your seeds, toss out the water and place them on a paper towel. Allow them to dry for about 30 minutes.
Give the Pumpkin Seeds a good mix. If you are using your Air Fryer, the excess oil will drip off. If using your oven, try lining drip pan and place on a cookie sheet.
Toss the coated seeds into your Air Fryer and spread them out as best as you can. If using the oven, place them on a cookie sheet.
I like to save a little of the Cinnamon Sugar mixture and toss some more on, when they come out of the air fryer, nice and hot. Enjoy!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- GoWISE USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
- Add Seeds, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon and salt to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot. Pour in water.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, do a manual Quick Pressure Release.
- Drain water and place seeds on clean paper towel. Allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and a pinch of pepper. Add dried seeds and Ghee or Oil to the bowl and mix together.
- Place in Air Fryer at 350 degrees and cook for 15 minutes, shaking halfway through, or until slightly crisp.
- Remove from air fryer and top with more sugar, if desired.