Use fresh corn on the cob or frozen corn for this Simple Corn Salsa. Combine with tangy red onions and red peppers and an acidic citrus glaze, this corn salad is sure to please.
The colors of the Salsa will brighten up any table setting.
Jump to Section
Ingredients for Fresh and Simple Corn Salasa
- Fresh Corn
- Juicy Tomatoes
- Red Onions
- Green Jalapeño Peppers
Perfect for summer.
But don’t let the season stop you from making this recipe.
Can Frozen Corn Be Used?
- Yes, no problemo!!!
- First defrost the corn and then give it a slight squeeze to remove any excess water.
This colorful Simple Corn Salsa Recipe pairs beautifully with my Air Fryer Baja Fish Tacos with White Sauce recipe.
You know what is really cool and delicious?
In the summer, when corn is out in all the grocery stores, grab some fresh corn.
Use my Pressure Cooker Corn on the Cob recipe and add some yummy flavor to the corn and then make this Simple Corn Salsa Recipe!
You can even cut off the kernels of my Mexican Elote Street Corn on the Cob and add the other ingredients for a yummy Mexican flair and call it “Elote Corn Salsa”!
Make sure that your knife is very sharp.
Dice up all the vegetables.
For a fantastic meal, make my Santa Maria Style Grilled Tri-Tip and serve the Fresh and Simple Corn Salsa as a side dish.
Nothing better than Freshly Squeezed Lime.
A quick squeeze of Lemon, takes this Simple Corn Salsa Recipe up another notch.
If you can’t get your hands on Fresh Limes and Lemons, try the True Crystallized line of products.
Fully Loaded Options for Fresh and Simple Corn Salsa:
- Roasted Poblano Pepper
- Diced Avocado
- Sambal Oelek Ground Chili Paste
- White Sugar -if your corn is not sweet, add just a touch to add sweetness
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- IJ.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 2 cups Corn Kernels fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cups Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 small Jalapeño Pepper stems/seeds removed, diced
- 1.5 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- If using fresh Corn, cook it and then use a knife to remove the kernels.
- If using frozen Corn, allow it to defrost and then squeeze out the excess water.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Place into the refrigerator and allow to cool.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro leaves.