This wonderful chili recipe comes from Debb V, from the Instant Pot Facebook Group. She tells me that it is her “favorite chili recipe of all time”! She used to simmer the chili all day in her slow cooker, but now makes it in her Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker in under an hour! Our Pressure Cooker Tex-Mex Turkey Chili has been such a huge hit, we thought you would love Debb’s Sweet & Spicy Beef and Beer Chili.
This Chili is perfect to get loaded up in your Pressure Cooker and bring with you to your Big Game Party.
The combination of unusual flavors like beer, coffee and cocoa powder, make this a memorable chili that will stand out at your next “chili cook off.” If you have Bone Broth in your freezer, add that, instead of store bought.
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Sweet & Spicy Beef, Bison & Beer ChiliPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow/Brown Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Bison
- 1 can 14.5 oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 12 ounces Guinness or any Dark Beer
- 1 cup Strong Brewed Espresso Coffee
- 14 ounces Beef broth
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 30 ounces 2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 30 ounces 2 cans Adzuki Beans, drained and rinsed
- Push the Sauté or Browning button on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Add oil to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Add onions and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ground meat and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Lock the lid on your Pressure Cooker and close the Pressure Value.
- Cook on High Pressure and set the time for 30 minutes.
- When Beep Sounds, allow a 10 minute natural release and then quick release.