No one needs to feel left out with these Pressure Cooker Carrot Hot Dogs. Vegetarians, there is another delicious option for the grill, besides Portobello Mushroom Burgers.
You know how sometimes you see vegetarian food that is made to taste like beef, chicken, pork and so on?
Well, this is not it.
Jump to Section
What is a Bunny Dog?
- This recipe does not attempt to make a Carrot taste like a Beef Hot Dog.
- It does however, add so much flavor to Carrots.
- Vegetarians and those who are not Hot Dog eaters, now have a great option, which you can enjoy finished on the Charcoal Grill or in the Air Fryer!
These Pressure Cooker Carrot Hot Dogs are great for holidays, 4th of July, Memorial day and other parties and events.
My Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Frijoles makes a great side dish to many main courses.
Not only is a great recipe for those who don’t eat meat, it is a wonderful recipe, for those that do, but want a change.
What are the Ingredients to Bunny Dogs?
- Soy Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Ground Cumin
- This Old Gal Homemade Seasoned Salt
- Vegetable Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Colgin Liquid Smoke or Wright’s Hickory Liquid Smoke
For a cool Cocktail Party option, try my Pressure Cooker Carrot Tail Wieners!!!
The ingredients are totally different. They are soy free and Vegan!
With this Pressure Cooker method, the Carrots will cook and marinate at the same time.
If you cannot tolerate Soy Sauce, try using Bragg Liquid Coconut Aminos, as it is soy free.
The cook time is very short, since Carrots cook quickly.
The longer you let the Carrots sit in the warm marinade, the more the flavor the Carrots will develop.
I do three minutes and then let them sit in the marinade for about 15-20 minutes.
If you want them to sit longer, use a two minute cook time and let them sit for 25-30 minutes.
You can even cool off the Marinade and pack them up in the fridge with the Carrots overnight.
If you do that, you might want to whip up a batch of my Pressure Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili for Chili Dogs.
To spice up the Bunny Dogs, try my Vegan Rockin’ Hot Sauce recipe and add a dash to the liquid, while cooking.
Baste them with the hot marinade and cook them until they get a little char.
Dress up your Dogs however you like.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker
- Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- Silicone BBQ Brush
Please don’t feel that you need any of these tools to make delicious food. I use high end equipment as I find they last longer, so it is cheaper in the end than having to replace items. Always use the best that you can afford; don’t break the bank!
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 4-8 Carrots cut to bun size
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (leave out, if Vegan)
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 teaspoons TOG House Seasoning (or Lawry's)
- 1.5 teaspoon Dry/Ground Mustard Seed
- 1.5 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 pinch Whole Nutmeg freshly grated
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- Scrub and peel Carrots and then trim ends to make them bun size. Place in Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients and pour over Carrots.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10-15 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Cook in Air Fryer at 380 degrees, or on Charcoal Grill, for about 5 minutes, basting frequently.