You will never use your deep fryer again, once you have tasted these Air Fryer French Fries, made with only a drop of oil.
French Fries without all the calories, whoda thunk? Homemade deep fried French Fries are so delicious, but come with so many bad calories. The oil needed for good French Fries is so bad for our bodies.
Baked French Fries, while much less calories, aren’t really satisfying and have an odd texture, I think. You know what I mean? They are hard on the outside, rather than crispy and then soft inside. Hard to explain.
Friday night is “Wing Night” in this house and we used to bake our Buffalo Chicken Wings and French Fries, but now, thanks to our Air Fryer, we can have Air Fryer French Fries without all the bad calories.
Please feel free to join the chat at Facebook Air Fryer Recipe Group, where we share recipes, methods and fun.
Coconut Oil is my oil of choice for French Fries, but Olive Oil works well too.
Make sure that you mix up a big batch of my TOG House Seasoning Recipe, so that you always have it ready.
Scrub the potatoes well and then slice them as evenly as you can.
A good French Fry Cutter, really helps!
We like our French Fries between thin and thick, almost twice the size of a Fast Food Fry, but about half the size of Steak Fries.
Place them in a Bowl of water and allow them to soak for 30 minutes.
This will remove some of the starch and allow the potatoes to cook better and crisp up better.
Pat dry the fries with a paper towel or tea towel and then pour over the oil and mix in.
Sprinkle the Seasoned Salt and toss to coat.
Place them in your Air Fryer and cook for about 15 minutes, tossing half-way through.
Delicious fries that are not loaded down with oil. Now, you can have your cake and eat it too!
Try these Air Fryer Seasoned French Fries with some Zaxby’s Sauce for a real treat!
For a lower calorie treat, try my Air Fryer Radishes!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWise 7 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Coated Tongs
- Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
- Commercial Grade French Fry Cutter
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Air Fryer Seasoned French FriesPrint Pin Rate
- Zaxby's Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce
- Pollo Tropical Creamy Curry Mustard Sauce
- Scrub potatoes and then slice into strips. If you prefer not to have the skin on, then just peel it off.
- Soak potatoes in a bowl of fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Drain water and pat dry.
- Pour over coconut oil and mix through. Add seasoned salt and toss to coat.
- Place potatoes into Air Fryer Basket.
- Air Fry at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the basket half way through.
Crisplid Cooking Instructions
- Same as in the air fryer, but cook at 380 degrees.
- Place trivet and crisping basket into pressure cooker cooking pot.
- Set Crisplid to 380 degrees and cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket half way through.