Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs in the pressure cooker is the easiest recipe you will find for perfect pressure cooker hard boiled eggs. My proprietary set it and forget method has gone viral.
Forget the 6-6-6 method. Forget the 5-6-6 method. Forget the 5-5-5 method and all those crazy silly other numbers people want you to remember.
I don’t know about you, but I sure don’t want to stand at attention in front of my Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker and wait for Eggs to finish cooking and then have to plunge them into an ice bath to prevent the yolks from becoming green. If I wanted to do that, I’d use my stove.
I want my Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker to save me trouble and extra steps. My recipe has hit the pressure community by storm and it is so reliable, everyone is recommending this method.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs make perfect keto and low carb snacks, so keep some on hand.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
We love Pressure Cooker Easy Hard Boiled Eggs in this house and I usually make a dozen at a time. Feel free to make more than 12 or less than 12.
If you love potato salad, another recipe you will love is my Instant Pot Potato Salad [Summer Picnic]. The eggs and potatoes cook at the same time!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs make yummy snacks and my favorite snack is an egg with my yummy homemade house seasoning.
I used to use plain salt, but one day, while standing over the sink to eat my egg, I grabbed my homemade house seasoning instead. It was so yum. I love the slight sweetness and the tiny burst of celery seed.
This Steamer/Strainer Basket is perfect for using to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
But, hold on a second….I am going to show you another method, before continuing on……just in case. You never know.
Here is another method to cook Eggs for Hard Boiled.
Check out this really cool method to make a Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Egg Loaf. It is all the rage now. Try this method with my delicious Pressure Cooker Low Carb Deviled Egg Salad Roll Ups recipe.
But, please continue with this method, as it is fabulous and great for using Eggs for snacks.
How Many Eggs Can I Cook?
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to watch timers and you can walk away.
I don’t mean the next day…… within reason, like after the pressure releases on its own ………..
Can Instant Pot hard Boiled Eggs Be Eaten Warm?
- Yes they can.
- They are quite tasty when warm.
- I suggest peeling the eggs while running them under cool water, so you don’t burn your fingers.
See, perfectly cooked, Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs without any silly number challenge.
The shells pop right off, no problem. If you are using Farm Fresh Eggs, the shells may not pop off as easily as eggs purchased at a grocery store. Enjoy.
More Easy Instant Pot Egg Recipes to Enjoy.
- Instant Pot Eggs Benedict (w/IP Hollandaise Sauce)
- Instant Pot Egg Bites (Feta Cheese & Red Pepper)
- Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom Quiche Egg Bites
- Pressure Cooker Frosted Egg Cupcakes Frittata
- Instant Pot Poached Eggs (Pressure Cooker)
How many eggs do you cook at once?
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Easy Hard Boiled EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 12 large Eggs
- 1 Steamer Basket
- 1 cup Fresh Water
- Place one cup of water into the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Place basket of eggs into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at low pressure (if your machine does not have low pressure, than use high pressure and release pressure after 8 minutes) for 2 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 12-15 minutes and release the rest of the pressure.
- Open when you feel like it (within reason). 12-15 minutes is good. If you plan to be away longer, drop the cook time to 1 minute.
- Peel eggs now or place in the refrigerator for later use.
PIN this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs (Pressure Cooker)!