Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs in the pressure cooker is the easiest recipe you will find for perfect pressure cooker hard boiled eggs. My proprietary set it and forget method has gone viral.
Forget the 6-6-6 method. Forget the 5-6-6 method. Forget the 5-5-5 method and all those crazy silly other numbers people want you to remember.
and wait for Eggs to finish cooking and then have to plunge them into an ice bath to prevent the yolks from becoming green.
I really don’t want to have to watch my watch just to make some damn Hard Boiled Eggs.
If I wanted to do that, I’d use my stove.
My recipe has hit the pressure community by storm and it is so reliable, other bloggers are adding my recipe to their cookbooks..
We love Pressure Cooker Easy Hard Boiled Eggs in this house and I usually make a dozen at a time. Feel free to make more than 12 or less than 12.
Pressure Cooker Easy Hard Boiled Eggs make yummy snacks and my favorite snack is an egg with my yummy homemade house seasoning.
I used to use plain salt, but one day, while standing over the sink to eat my egg, I grabbed my homemade house seasoning instead. It was so yum.
I love the slight sweetness and the tiny burst of celery seed.
So, take a Steamer/Strainer Basket and add your eggs right from the refrigerator.
Hold on a second….I am going to show you another method, before continuing on……just in case.
You never know.
Here is another method to cook Eggs for Hard Boiled.
Check out this really cool method to make a Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Egg Loaf. It is all the rage now.
But, please continue with this method, as it is fabulous and great for using Eggs for snacks.
Shut the lid, set the timer and forget about it, until you are ready to remove the eggs.
I don’t mean, like the next day…… within reason, like after the pressure releases on its own, ………..
See, perfectly cooked, Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs without any silly number challenge.
The shells pop right off, no problem. If you are using Farm Fresh Eggs, the shells may not pop off as easily as eggs purchased at a grocery store. Enjoy.
More Easy Instant Pot Egg Recipes to Enjoy.
- Pressure Cooker Summer Picnic Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Egg Bites (Feta Cheese & Red Pepper)
- Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom Quiche Egg Bites
- Pressure Cooker Frosted Egg Cupcakes Frittata
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Easy Hard Boiled EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 12 large Eggs
- 1 Steamer Basket
- 1 cup Fresh Water
- Place one cup of water into the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Place basket of eggs into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 7-12 minutes and release the rest of the pressure.
- Open when you feel like it (within reason). 7-12 minutes is good. If you plan to be away longer, drop the cook time to 1 minute.
- Peel eggs now or place in the refrigerator for later use.
PIN this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs (Pressure Cooker)!