Instant Pot Egg Bites are velvety smooth, light and creamy. Feta cheese, oregano and red pepper give these Starbucks inspired Egg Bites a Greek flair. Pressure Cooker Egg Bites are keto and low carb.
Instant Pot Egg Bites
The rage of Starbucks inspired egg bites is astounding!
My original Starbucks Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites were a huge hit.
While the best method for making egg bites is using the Instant Pot Sous Vide Circulator, many people wanted a quick fix. So, I converted my sous vide recipe to an Instant Pot method using egg bite trays. The crowds went wild.
As my Pressure Cooker Mini Mushroom Quiche Egg Bites recipe is so popular, I thought it time to make another Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe.
Unlike Starbucks Egg Whites Red Pepper Egg Bites, these Instant Pot Egg Bites are made with the whole egg.
Taking a page from my incredibly delicious Air Fryer Greek Feta Psiti recipe and of course not wanting to do the same old copycat egg bite recipe like a zillion other bloggers, I created my own new and unique Instant Pot Egg Bites with a Greek flair.
Trendsetting suits me better. 🙂
What are Instant Pot Egg Bites?
- Instant Pot Egg Bites are soft, pillowy individual bite-sized clouds of scrambled eggs mixed with seasonings, cheese and/or meat.
- The texture is velvety smooth and light, like meringue.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites get their texture from the whipping up of the eggs and cheese, until they become very frothy.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites were inspired by Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites.
- Egg Bites in the Instant Pot are cooked under pressure, not by sous vide.
This new Instant Pot Ace 60 Blender is a very nice machine and for under $100, you can’t beat it really.
How to Make Instant Pot Egg Bites.
Use a good blender to whip up the eggs and cheese until frothy.
Very lightly grease the wells of the silicone egg bite tray.
Cover egg bite trays, so that the steam from the water will not get inside the wells.
Use the proper mode and timing shown below on the recipe card.
I tried several different modes and timing for Instant Pot Bit Egg Bites.
After many different tests and way too many eggs consumed, I found the perfect method to velvety, smooth and fluffy Instant Pot Egg Bites.
Interestingly enough, the most used timing and steam method that I have seen on many other on-line egg bites recipes, is not what I found to give the best results.
Tips and Tricks.
- Use fresh cheese from a block, not the preshredded stuff in bags.
- Whip the ingredients until very frothy.
- For a more authentic Greek flavor, use extra virgin olive oil.
- Start with a minimal amount of hot sauce, as you can always add more after cooking.
- Use the cover of the egg bite trays, rather than foil.
If you want the egg bite tray I use, here is the link. Egg Bite Tray with Handles. This egg bite tray is a bit larger than some others, which I found was a plus.
More Recipes Using the Egg Bite Tray.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Ace 60 Blender
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- 2.5 ounce Silicone Egg Bites Tray
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Egg Bites
Instant Pot Greek Egg Bites with Feta & PeppersPrint Pin Rate
- 1/16 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sambal Oelek Ground Chili Paste (or other hot sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 ounces Red Bell Pepper seeds removed/quartered
- 2 stalks Scallions cut in half
- 1 Egg Bites Tray greased
- Very lightly use extra virgin olive oil to grease egg bite tray.
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack, feta, salt, pepper, oregano and hot sauce to blender and blend until frothy.
- Add chopped bell pepper and scallions and pulse for a second, just to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly among egg bite tray. Cover tightly with foil or place attach tray lid.
- Place 1.5 cups of water into cooking pot and place a trivet on top. Lower egg bite tray on top of trivet. If using the egg bit tray pictured above, place the lid on the tray after lowering tray into pot with handles.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. When beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove lid and serve right away with a dash of hot sauce, if desired.