Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom Quiche make a perfect Keto Friendly, Gluten Free breakfast or snack. Mushrooms blanketed in Fluffy Eggs with a Swiss Cheese Crust is totally and completely delicious.
For many people, Eggs are the perfect food.
We love Eggs in this house and since we are watching our Carbohydrate intake, we have been eating more Eggs, than normal.
We keep a good supply of Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs in our refrigerator, for a quick snack. It helps to have them ready to go, when the urge hits and satisfies the tummy.
For larger and super cute Mini Quiches, try using these Silicone Flower Cups, like in the above photo.
How cute is that little dipping bowl with the Scallions? I am a sucker for cuteness. I bought a set of six, which is perfect to use for prepping ingredients and also to use for dipping, like in my Pressure Cooker Rojo Chicken Recipe.
My 2.3 ounce Silicone Egg Bites Trays helps me with portion control. I have many other recipes planned for these Silicone Molds. Another delicious recipe using these molds is my Starbucks Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites.
Jump to Section
What is the difference between a Frittata and a Quiche?
- A Quiche is similar to an Egg Custard and generally Heavy Cream is used for the Liquid portion.
- A Frittata is thicker and more like an Omelet.
- A Frittata is usually started on the Stove and finished in the Oven, or or visa versa.
- When I make my Spanish Frittata, I start it on the Stove and finish in the oven. Check out this Pressure Cooker Spanish Frittata (Cuban Style), which I converted for the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker.
My Pressure Cooker Frosted Egg Cupcakes are also more like a Frittata than a Quiche.
The Swiss cheese will act as the base for the Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom Quiche.
Try to make the cheese as even as possible. I do push some of the cheese up the sides a bit, kind of like a pocket.
Try making my Air Fryer Latkes Bites recipe using shredded radish instead! OMG, yum.
We had some company drop by as I was preparing this recipe. No biggie, I just doubled the recipe and used two of the egg bite trays at once.
If you want to use a Vitamix to get a fluffier Quiche, whip the Eggs for about 30 seconds. Don’t go crazy.
It is totally fine to just crack the Eggs into a Mixing Bowl and use a whisk, but if you do, make sure to get the Eggs very frothy. That ensures a lighter texture. Of course, I always recommend this flat whisk.
You are probably wondering why I did not add the Fillings to the Egg Mixture.
Adding the Veggies and then pouring in the Whipped Eggs will allow the Veggies to rise to the top.
It looks very presentable, like a blanket around the Mushroom Filling. 🙂
If you are a Mushroom lover as I am, check out my Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala Mushroom Soup. It is divinely decadent. [Said in my best Sally Bowles voice]
Another great Low Carb Keto Bomb are my Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites. Sub out the sugars for Swerve and you have a delicious dessert.
I am adding more and more Low Carb options, so make sure you check back frequently. In the meantime, there are dozens of delicious Low Carb recipes already posted.
My Low Carb Pressure Cooker Hot Onion Dip, Low Carb Pasta de Bocaditos, Pressure Cooker Low Carb Manhattan Clam Chowder and my Pressure Cooker Classic Pot Roast Dinner (skip the Potatoes/Carrots, or sub with Turnips and Radish).
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Porcelain Dipping Bowls/Spoons
- VitaMix 7500
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom QuichePrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 3 ounces Swiss Cheese shredded
- 2 ounces Cremini Mushrooms chopped small
- 1 Scallion chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream Half and Half or Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 cup Water for cooking pot
- Firmly press the Swiss Cheese into the bottom of the Silicone Mold and slightly up the sides. Divide up the Mushrooms and place on top of Cheese. Top with chopped Scallions.
- Use a Vitamix or blender and blend the Eggs, Cream and Salt and pour over the Cheese and Mushrooms.
- Add one cup of Water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place Trivet into pot. Place Silicone Tray on top of Trivet.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Flip over Silicone Tray and remove Mini Quiche. Turn the Mini Quiche over, so that the Mushrooms are on top and the Cheese Crust is on the bottom.