Move over Starbuck’s these Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites won’t break the bank. Low carb and keto friendly.
Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bite
Move over Starbuck’s these Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites are easy to make at home.
They are delicious, nutritious, low carb and keto friendly.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot Sous Vide Circulator I’ve got you covered!
They won’t be sous vide, but they are still totally delicious.
Another flavor option and Low Carb Keto is my My Pressure Cooker Low Carb Mini Mushroom Quiche.
Check out the Recipe Card below for using the Silicone Egg Bites Tray option!
I chose to use Bacon because, well, BACON! Everyone loves Bacon….except for me. 🙂 I don’t mind it in small doses, but my husband loves the stuff! I chose Jarlsberg Cheese, because it is one of my favorite types of cheese and brings back memories from my childhood; especially my Dad.
Ingredients for Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites.
- Crisp Bacon
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Bacon Grease or Butter
- Jarlsberg Cheese
Ham can be used in place of bacon.
What is Jarlsberg Cheese?
Jarlsberg is a mild buttery cheese that originates from Norway.
It’s a little sweet and nutty and is an overall multi-purpose cheese.
There is a similar taste to Swiss cheese. Jarlsberg has big holes too.
It is great melted on bagels and in my Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
It is a nice and melty cheese, so try some on top of, well, anything!
How to Make Starbuck Sous Vide Egg Bites.
Small mason jars need to be greased really well.
Bacon or ham is added to the glass jars.
The frothy eggs with the cheese are poured into the jars.
Why Use Mason Jars?
They are the perfect shape for copycat Starbuck’s Egg Bites.
They hold up nicely during sous vide and keep out the water.
Sous Vide Jarlsberg Egg Bites can be stored in the mason jars for future meals..
Sausage, pepperoni, salami can be used in place of bacon.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to grease the mason jars or egg bite trays.
- Process the eggs until they are frothy.
- If using bacon, make sure it is crisp.
- For sous vide cooking, the jars can be filled all the way up to the groves.
Put the lids on the Mason Jars and tighten just past “finger tight.”
Place all jars into the Water Bath.
Make sure to leave enough room for your Sous Vide Circulator, so that the water won’t go above the “Max” line.
Once the Sous Vide Circulator comes to temperature, it will begin to count down.
The mason jars are super hot.
A canning jar lifter is handy to remove them from the pot.
Remove the Lids and take a butter knife and loosen the Egg Bites and then pop out.
Can I Freeze Starbucks Egg Bites?
Yes, they freeze well.
Store them in the mason jars.
If using an egg bite tray, store the extras in a air tight container.
Take THAT, Starbucks!!!! Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites for about a buck a serving.
No preservatives or anything else you can’t pronounce.
More Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Ace 60 Blender or
- VitaMix 7500
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Circulator
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 2.5 ounce Silicone “Baby Food” Containers (great for Egg and Cheesecake Bites”)
- Ball 4 oz Mason Jars
- Canning Jar Lifter
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bite
Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg BitesPrint Pin Rate
- Fry up three pieces of bacon and crumble. Use Bacon Grease to grease 6 Mason Jars.
- Whisk together eggs, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, pepper, until frothy. Divide up bacon into Mason Jars. Pour Egg Mixture into Mason Jars. Sprinkle grated Jarlsberg into Mason Jars.
- Place rings and lids on Mason Jars and tighten. Place Mason Jars into a Water Bath, so that they are fully immersed into water. Place Sous Vide Circulator into Water Bath and set temperature to 172 and time to 60 minutes.
- When Beep is heard, carefully use a Canning Jar Lifter and remove the Jars. Remove covers and use a butter knife to loosed the Egg Bites. Serve.
Egg Bites Tray
- Add 1 cup of water to cooking pot. Add a Trivet. Grease Trays well. Fill trays and place on Trivet. Use the Steam function and cook for 6 minutes. Wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.