Instant Pot Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites are filled with Cherry Cheesecake and Orange Liqueur soaked Maraschino Cherries. Low Carb and Keto people, use the Sugar Free options and skip the starch.
Treat your Valentine a special dessert of Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites!
I love finger food and have been playing around with various types of finger food for parties and just for fun. My Pressure Cooker Carrot Tail Weiners are great for vegetarians and vegans.
During the holiday season, desserts are abundant and I wanted to do something really special. Queen Anne Cordial Cherries are uber popular during the holiday season. They gush and squirt when you take a bite. Inspired by Queen Anne, you are going to love Instant Pot Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites!
Jump to Section
Ingredients for Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites
- Cream Cheese – Philadelphia Brand is best
- Sour Cream
- Maraschino Cherry Juice
- White Sugar
- Potato Starch – keeps it Gluten Free!
- Sea Salt
- Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
What is a Cordial?
- An alcoholic beverage. It’s a sweetened spirit, a Liqueur, a flavored Liquor.
- It’s a Candy. Chocolate with a a a fruit filling inside!
- It also means warm and friendly, so if you are cordial to your friend, they will give you a Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bite. 🙂
What do I do if I don’t drink alcohol?
- Soak the cherries in orange juice with a drop of vanilla instead!
Before starting to put together the filling, soak the Maraschino Cherries in Grand Marnier or Triple Sec.
Let the Cherries soak in the Measuring Glass for at least 30 minutes. We will want the center to be liquidy and drippy, like the Queen Anne Cordial Cherries.
If you have made any of my other Cheesecakes and read my Tips for a Perfect Cheesecake, you are already a pro. However, this recipe is even easier and you won’t have a failure, no matter what.
I’m using Potato Starch, instead of Flour to keep this Gluten Free, plus, after many tests of this recipe, I love the results. I use my Food Processor, as it is quick and easy! Remember to be careful with the Eggs.
Use the Smaller Silicone BPA Free Molds for Instant Pot Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites. Once they are dipped in Chocolate, they will be a bit larger; the perfect size.
More Uses for Egg Bites Molds
- Air Fryer Potato Latkes Bites
- Sous Vide Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites (or use the larger 2.5 ounce molds. or make in 4 ounce Mason Jars, using a Sous Vide Circulator)
- Instant Pot Cranberry Cornbread Bites (Bells)
Fill the Silicone Cheesecake Bite Trays with the Cheesecake Filling. This recipe will make a total of 14 Cheesecake Bites.
If you want to bake the Bites with the Liqueur Soaked Maraschino Cherries , add the Maraschino Cherries now and push them down, just a bit. Alternatively, you can just pop in the Maraschino Cherries , right from the jar.
Pro Tip: For a stronger liqueur taste, wait until after the Cheesecake Bites have come out of the Pressure Cooker, to add the Liqueur Soaked Cherries.
Make sure your Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites are frozen solid before coating them with the melted chocolate.
Feel free to use all Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips if you like. I wouldn’t use all Milk Chocolate Chips, as it may be overly sweet.
The important thing is to use a good Chocolate. The common brands, in my opinion, don’t taste like chocolate anymore.
How do I Make Melting Chocolate?
Use a double boiler or heat water in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker and place a Trivet. Place a Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl with Chocolate and Cocoa Butter on top of Trivet. Select Saute and bring water to boil while whisking (I use the Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk) the Chocolate, until melted and smooth. Once melted, switch to Keep Warm. Use a
The trick to making the chocolate look smooth is to use a fork and spoon when coating the frozen cheesecake bites.
- Drop the frozen Cheesecake Bite into the Melted Chocolate and roll it around. Use the spoon to pour on the Chocolate and turn the Bite.
- Place the Fork under the Bite and lift it up and let the excess Chocolate drain back into the Bowl. Pour on more Chocolate with the Spoon, if needed.
Place the Bites on Wax Paper to dry. They dry super fast.
If you want to get fancy, make a Swirl on top.
Dip one finger into the Chocolate and make a circle on the top of the Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bite.
There you go. The recipe is very easy and goes quickly. Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites, are so good, it’s not even funny.
The pairing of the Maraschino Cherries and the Grand Marnier or Triple Sec is wonderful. You might want to soak more Cherries, as you will find yourself eating them straight from the Cup!
There is another way to do this recipe. You could always cook the Cheesecake in a Push Pan. Cool for 15 minutes and then scoop out some Cheesecake and put it into the 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold. Sink a Grand Marnier/Triple Sec Soaked Cherry and pack it flat. Freeze and carry on with the rest of the steps.
More Instant Pot Holiday Cheesecake Recipes to Make
- Pressure Cooker Peppermint Milkshake Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker Holiday Spice Peppernuts Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Holiday Cheesecake Singles
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake – voted best pressure cooker cheesecake!
Which cheesecake will you be making for the holiday? Let me know below.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Cuisinart Large Food Processor
- 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold or 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Cocoa Butter
- Maraschino Cherries
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 14 Maraschino Cherries w/o stems
- 3 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Potato Starch
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 7 ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Butter (or coconut or vegetable oil or shortening)
- 1 teaspoon Ghirardelli Premium Cocoa Powder
- Add Maraschino Cherries to a container and pour in Grand Marnier or Triple Sec. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a Food Processor, add Cream Cheese, Sugar, Potato Starch, Cherry Juice, Sour Cream and Salt. Blend until smooth, stopping one time to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, pulsing just two times, after each egg. Remove blade from Food Processor and gently scrape the batter from sides to incorporate.
- Pour Filling into Cheesecake Bites Mold, almost to the top. Place one Soaked Cherry into the middle and press down slightly. Pour the extra filling into a small Bowl or Ramekin.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to cooking pot and place a Trivet. Place one Bites Mold on Trivet. Place the second Bites Mold on top. Place the Ramekin or Bowl on top.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove Cheesecake Bites and let sit for 5 minutes. Using the excess filling, pack all the Bites tightly. Flatten Cheesecake Bites and let cool on the counter for 20 minutes. Place lid on Bites Mold and place in freezer, overnight, or until frozen solid.
- Place a Trivet into a Saucepan and cover with about an inch of water. Place Chocolate and Cocoa Butter into Stainless Steel Bowl and place on top of Trivet. Heat over medium high heat and Whisk Chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Add 2 cups of water to Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a Trivet. Place a Stainless Steel "Pot in Pot" Bowl with Chocolate and Cocoa Butter on top of Trivet. Select Saute and bring water to boil while whisking the Chocolate, until melted and smooth. Once melted, switch to Keep Warm.
- Flip over Cheesecake Bites Mold and pop out Bites.
- Drop Cheesecake Bite, one at a time into Chocolate and coat. Place Cheesecake Bite on Wax Paper. Dip one finger into Chocolate and make a Swirl on Top. When all Bites have been dipped, place into refrigerator or freezer, until ready to serve.
Extra Juicy, full flavor Liqueur MethodBake the Cheesecake Bites first and then add Soaked Maraschino Cherry into the middle of each Cheesecake Bite. Cover with Cheesecake and push down to pack. Flatten Cheesecake Bites and let cool on the counter for 20 minutes. Place lid on Bites Mold and place in freezer.
Alternative Method.Prepare filling and bake in a Push Pan for 35 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and then scoop out some Cheesecake and put it into the 1.5 ounce Silicone "Cheesecake Bites" Mold. Sink a Grand Marnier/Triple Sec Soaked Cherry and pack it flat. Freeze and then dip in prepared chocolate.
PIN this Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites!
Can you make these in the 2.5 egg bite molds? How long would you cook them for and how many? Love your recipes. Thank you.
Hi Laurie. Yes, you can use the larger molds. I would just add a minute to the cook time and maybe two cherries, instead of one. Jill
Samir Parekh says
The recipe ends with these words – “When all Bites have been dipped, place into refrigerator or freezer, until ready to serve.” Can you please tell me how long can they stay in the freezer? And how long before serving, do I take them out so they are not like rock hard lollipops? Does the chocolate coating become soft and runny if it is thawed after taking out of the freezer? These ones look so so delicious that I am planning to batch cook them and fill up half of my freezer – a small part of them for my possible guests and mainly as my daily dosage! 😀
PS: I am also asking this question in your FB group! Hope you can answer it any way you prefer. 🙂
Hi Samir. I am so glad you are in my group. The Bites thaw very fast, so if you are serving for dessert, just put them in the fridge from the freezer and they will be perfect. If you store them in a good container, like a Lock and Lock, they will last a while in the freezer. The coating will remain firm. Jill