Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites are filled with Cherry Cheesecake and Orange Liqueur soaked Maraschino Cherries. Low Carb and Keto people, use the Sugar Free options and skip the starch.
Treat your Valentine a special dessert of Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites!
I love finger food and have been playing around with various types of finger food for parties and just for fun.
My Pressure Cooker Carrot Tail Weiners are great for vegetarians and vegans.
During the holiday season, desserts are abundant and I wanted to do something really special.
Queen Anne Cordial Cherries are uber popular during the holiday season. They gush and squirt when you take a bite.
It’s not my cup of tea, however, New York Cheesecake IS my cup of tea and since my Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake is the number one Pressure Cooker Cheesecake around……..
So, being inspired by Queen Anne, here goes………
What is a Cordial?
- An alcoholic beverage. It’s a sweetened spirit, a Liqueur, a flavored Liquor.
- It’s a Candy. Chocolate with a a a fruit filling inside!
- It also means warm and friendly, so if you are cordial to your friend, they will give you a Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bite. 🙂
What do I do if I don’t drink alcohol?
- You can make Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites in a few ways.
- With or without liqueur.
- You can skip soaking the Cherries and just add them into the Cheesecake Bites.
- You can add the soaked Cherries to the Cheesecake Batter and then bake. The liqueur will not be very strong, as some of the alcohol content will evaporate (I think).
- You can add Grand Marnier/Triple Sec soaked Cherries to the Cheesecake Bites after they have been baked. This will give a pure Grand Marnier flavor. Plus, the Grand Marnier and Cherry Juice will gush! Oh, Y.U.M.
The reason I mention that, is because for Cheesecake Bites, I use a smaller Mold, a 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold. They are Bites, after all. Here is an alternate link for the Small Silicone Cheesecake Bites Mold.
What Ingredients are Needed for Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites?
- Cream Cheese – Philadelphia Brand is best
- Sour Cream
- Maraschino Cherry Juice
- White Sugar
- Potato Starch – keeps it Gluten Free!
- Sea Salt
- Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
Before starting to put together the filling, soak the Maraschino Cherries in Grand Marnier or Triple Sec.
Let the Cherries soak in the Measuring Glass for at least 30 minutes.
We will want the center to be liquidy and drippy, like the Queen Anne Cordial Cherries.
I’m using Potato Starch, instead of Flour to keep this Gluten Free, plus, after many tests of this recipe, I love the results.
You never want to over beat the Eggs or cook the Cheesecake too long, as it will be puffy and won’t look so nice.
With this recipe, none of that matters, so relax and get baking!
I use my Food Processor, as it is quick and easy! Remember to be careful with the Eggs.
The Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites will be frozen solid before dipping in Chocolate.
You won’t need to grease the little compartments.
Fill the Silicone Cheesecake Bite Trays with the Cheesecake Filling. This recipe will make a total of 14 Cheesecake Bites.
However, you will have more filling than it takes to fill up two of the 1.5 ounce Cheesecake Bite Molds.**
Alternatively, you can just pop in the Maraschino Cherries , right from the jar.
For a stronger liqueur taste, wait until after the Cheesecake Bites have come out of the Pressure Cooker, to add the Liqueur Soaked Cherries.
**Pour the rest of the filling into a small Ramekin or Bowl. The excess filling will be used to pack into the 2 Cheesecake Bite Molds after cooking. Don’t add Maraschino Cherries to the Bowl.
I used my Instant Pot 3 Quart DUO for this last version of the recipe.
Since I made so many versions of this, I halved it this time. You can see the second “Cheesecake Bites” Mold, is half full.
We will use the filling from the half empty tray to pack the Bites in the first tray and make them nice and solid.
If using a 6 Quart Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, you can fit both Cheesecake Bites Trays and the Bowl with the excess filling and cook at once.
Disregard the ugly photo above. This was my first version of this recipe. I made it a bunch more times until I got it exactly as I imagined.
When the Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites first come out of the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, they will be ugly and eggy looking, very soft and fluffy. Then they will shrink down.
Don’t be tempted to taste it warm. It’s really not that great. 🙂
Wait about 5 minutes and then take extra filling and pack it into the 14 Cheesecake Bites. Pack it very tight.
If you did not add the Maraschino Cherries prior to baking, add them now and push them in, so they are in the center of the each Bite. Then fill in the holes with the extra filling.
Place the Silicone Lid on the Cheesecake Bite Trays and pop them in the freezer.
Make sure your Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites are frozen solid.
They will be super simple to dip.
Push them out of the Silicone Mold.
I played around with different measurements of Chocolate and came up with what I think works best.
The important thing is to use a good Chocolate. The common brands, in my opinion, don’t taste like chocolate anymore.
How do I Make Melting Chocolate?
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Cocoa Butter or Coconut Oil
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk
- Fork and a Spoon
I have a double boiler, but if you don’t here’s your work around.
Use a 3 quart Saucepan and fill with about an inch of water.
Place the Trivet from your Pressure Cooker into the Saucepan.
Place the Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl into the Saucepan.
Make sure not to continue heating the Chocolate once it is shiny and smooth. It will begin to dry out and get crusty.
Alternatively, you can heat the Chocolate in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
Add 2 cups of water to Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a Trivet. Place a Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl with Chocolate and Cocoa Butter on top of Trivet. Select Saute and bring water to boil while whisking the Chocolate, until melted and smooth. Once melted, switch to Keep Warm.
Trust me when I tell you my Cheesecake Bites did not look this perfect on my first try.
Not only did I not wait for the Bites to be completely frozen, I had all kinds of marks on the Chocolate from using Tongs and other things.
After messing up the dipping part, I finally figured it out.
Take a Spoon and Fork.
Drop the frozen Cheesecake Bite into the Melted Chocolate and roll it around. Use the spoon to pour on the Chocolate and turn the Bite.
Place the Fork under the Bite and lift it up and let the excess Chocolate drain back into the Bowl. Pour on more Chocolate with the Spoon, if needed.
Place the Bites on Wax Paper to dry. They dry super fast.
If you want to get fancy, make a Swirl on top.
Dip one finger into the Chocolate and make a circle on the top of the Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bite.
There you go. The recipe is very easy and goes quickly.
These Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites, are so good, it’s not even funny.
The pairing of the Maraschino Cherries and the Grand Marnier or Triple Sec is wonderful. You might want to soak more Cherries, as you will find yourself eating them straight from the Cup!
There is another way to do this recipe. You could always cook the Cheesecake in a Push Pan. Cool for 15 minutes and then scoop out some Cheesecake and put it into the 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold. Sink a Grand Marnier/Triple Sec Soaked Cherry and pack it flat. Freeze and carry on with the rest of the steps.
More Instant Pot Holiday Cheesecake Recipes to Make
- Pressure Cooker Peppermint Milkshake Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker Holiday Spice Peppernuts Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Holiday Cheesecake Singles
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites
- Instant Pot New York Cheesecake – voted best pressure cooker cheesecake!
Which cheesecake will you be making for the holiday? Let me know below.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot DUO Mini Plus 3 Quart Pressure Cooker
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Cuisinart Large Food Processor
- 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold or 1.5 ounce Silicone “Cheesecake Bites” Mold
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Cocoa Butter
- Maraschino Cherries
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 14 Maraschino Cherries w/o stems
- 3 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Potato Starch
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 7 ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Butter (or coconut or vegetable oil or shortening)
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- Add Maraschino Cherries to a container and pour in Grand Marnier or Triple Sec. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a Food Processor, add Cream Cheese, Sugar, Potato Starch, Cherry Juice, Sour Cream and Salt. Blend until smooth, stopping one time to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, pulsing just two times, after each egg. Remove blade from Food Processor and gently scrape the batter from sides to incorporate.
- Pour Filling into Cheesecake Bites Mold, almost to the top. Place one Soaked Cherry into the middle and press down slightly. Pour the extra filling into a small Bowl or Ramekin.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to cooking pot and place a Trivet. Place one Bites Mold on Trivet. Place the second Bites Mold on top. Place the Ramekin or Bowl on top.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove Cheesecake Bites and let sit for 5 minutes. Using the excess filling, pack all the Bites tightly. Flatten Cheesecake Bites and let cool on the counter for 20 minutes. Place lid on Bites Mold and place in freezer, overnight, or until frozen solid.
- Add 2 cups of water to Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a Trivet. Place a Stainless Steel "Pot in Pot" Bowl with Chocolate and Cocoa Butter on top of Trivet. Select Saute and bring water to boil while whisking the Chocolate, until melted and smooth. Once melted, switch to Keep Warm.
- Flip over Cheesecake Bites Mold and pop out Bites.
- Drop Cheesecake Bite, one at a time into Chocolate and coat. Place Cheesecake Bite on Wax Paper. Dip one finger into Chocolate and make a Swirl on Top. When all Bites have been dipped, place into refrigerator or freezer, until ready to serve.