Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites are morsels of fluffy cake and creamy cheesecake, perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and year round.
You’re going to love the taste of fall with this simple pumpkin recipe. It’s one that you might just keep around all year long. Everything about them makes me happy.
From simple bites to fun combinations, I know that every time I make them, they’re going to be delicious.
In fact, they’ve created quite a following. During the holidays, for pot lucks, I like to bring these Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins since they are minis and easy to grab.
What I love most about this recipe is that I combined it based off a couple of my other recipes. Using my Pressure Cooker Buttermilk Sugar Pie Pumpkin Bread recipe and my very famous Instant Pot New York Cheesecake recipe, I altered and combined them to create these Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Mini Muffins.
Jump to Section
Can Fresh Pumpkin Puree Be Used?
- Absolutely. My fresh homemade Pressure Cooker Pie Pumpkin Puree really makes these little Bites pop in your mouth.
- The freshness is so apparent. And that pumpkin flavor? Truly out of this world delicious. Make sure that all the water is squeezed out the fresh puree.
I like to make large amounts and keep packaged of the pureed pumpkin in the freezer, so I always have it on hand.
Both parts of the separated egg will be used. One part in the batter and one part in the filling.
Hand Mixing Batter
- When making muffins, hand mixing is preferred.
- Bread and muffin batters are best when they are mixed just enough for the ingredients to incorporate. You never want to over mix. Check out my Pressure Cooker Banana Nut Bread recipe for more information on how to make muffin and bread batters.
- Over mixing, coupled too much flour, causes a very heavy, gummy and dense batter.
Pro Tip: Did you know there is a right and wrong way to measure flour? Use my Learn How to Properly Measure Flour guide and always walk away with the fluffiest batter.
Can Gluten Free Flour Be Use?
Yes, check out the video below. Chef San used Bob’s Gluten Free Flour Baking Mix when she made this video for me.
When I saw these mini silicone baking cups on Amazon, I snatched them up and knew right away what I wanted to create for Thanksgiving dessert.
The timing was perfect, to say the least. I had just made a huge batch of fresh pumpkin puree in my fridge and let’s just say, it was meant to be.
This filling reminds me of a Cheese Danish. The texture is similar. It’s rich and creamy and oh so yummy.
For the cheesecake batter, an electric hand mixer works very well to get the filling nice and smooth.
Another delicious pumpkin cheesecake recipe to make is my Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake) It is perfect for the holidays.
The first time making this recipe, I used a pastry bag fitted with a decorating tip. Boy, did I make a mess. The cheesecake batter was messy and did not stay inside the muffins. It was almost like two layers.
As the pasty bag was rather difficult for me and super messy, I had an idea. One of my cats was declining and I was having to force feed him.
How To Inject Filling into Pumpkin Muffin Batter.
- A sturdy syringe is the easiest way to fill muffins.
- Just slurp up the filling and neatly and easily inject the exact amount into each and ever muffin cup of batter.
How to Stack Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites
A trivet in between each layer works well. For larger pressure cookers, more muffin cups will fit onto each layer.
Other Holiday Ideas.
For dinner parties, I am ALWAYS asked to bring my incredible and delicious Low Carb Keto Pressure Cooker Hot Onion Dip, Best Old Fashion Sugar Cookies EVER!! and my Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake is often given as a hostess gift and given out to my doctors’ office. They go crazy for this cheesecake.
These Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites look cute upside down, right side or while being chewed up and eaten….seriously, you can’t go wrong with these muffins!
I bet you could serve them that way. What do you think? Yay or nay? If you’re asking me, I don’t really care how they’re served as long as they taste delicious.
Can Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites Be Frozen?
- You can easily make these in advance and then freeze! This is just one of the perks! If you are going to freeze them, I recommend freezing them in singles or in pairs so you can unthaw what you’re wanting to eat when you want to eat them.
- If you secure them properly and store them in an airtight container or bag, they should stay good for several months.
Watch the video below as Chef Sam walks you through every step and detail of this recipe. I’ve given you a ton of information above, but sometimes a live visual of the process helps so you can follow along. I have my own cooking show on my YouTube Channel, so be sure to check it out and subscribe!
Watch my video and then scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card.
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites
- Weigh out the flour.
- Don’t overwork the batter.
- Use a syringe rather than a pastry bag for injecting the cheesecake filling in the batter.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites will be a festive addition to Thanksgiving and Christmas, but are also enjoyed all year round!
More Instant Pot Pumpkin Recipes to Make
- Pressure Cooker Pie Pumpkin Puree
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Curry Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Apple Butter
- Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake “Pake”
- Instant Pot Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes
More Instant Pot Holiday Pumpkin Recipes to Make:
- Instant Pot Peppermint Milkshake Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bundt Cake w/Butterscotch
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Curry Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Apple Butter
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin BitesPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1/4 cup Butter room temperature
- 3/4 cups Demerara Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 1 large Egg White *
- 4 ounces Pure Pumpkin Puree (or homemade)
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Yogurt (sour cream or Buttermilk)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add sugar and butter to medium mixing bowl and cream together.
- Add vanilla, sour cream/yogurt, pumpkin puree, egg and egg white to the bowl.
- Gently mix by hand until just combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Batter should be slightly lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Use a cookie scoop or measure 1.5 Tablespoons of batter to each mini muffin cup. Set aside and make the filling.
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, yogurt, orange peels and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix in until combined. Do not over mix eggs.
Assemble and Bake
- Use either a pastry bag or syringe and inject approximately 1.5 Tablespoons of filling into the center of each muffin batter. Batter will puff up around filling.
- Add 1.5 cups water to pressure cooker and place a trivet into cooker.
- Place muffin cups onto trivet. If you have a second trivet, place that over the muffins and add another layer of muffin cups.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure (most machines default to high pressure) for 7 minutes.
- When beep is heard, wait 15 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then place in refrigerator or enjoy now.
- Before serving, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon/nutmeg.
- Bob’s Gluten Free Flour Baking Mix can be used in place of all purpose flour.
- Demerara sugar is less cloying than white sugar, but white sugar can be used.
- Sour cream or buttermilk can be substituted for yogurt.
- In the filling heavy cream can be subbed for sour cream.
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree can be used in place of canned pumpkin.