Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites are the perfect bite of texture and creaminess, that will make your mouth smile. Easily baked in a pressure cooker.
Holidays just beg for cute and individual bites of something. Whether it be bites of dessert or bites of appetizers, every one loves to pop a little sweet into their mouth.
Using my Pressue Cooker Buttermilk Sugar Pie Pumpkin Bread recipe and my infamous Instant Pot New York Cheesecake recipe, I altered and combined them to create these Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites.
Fresh Homemade Pressure Cooker Pie Pumpkin Puree really makes these little Bites pop in your mouth. The freshness is so apparent.
Making Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites in the the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker is so easy. When I saw these Mini Silicone Baking Cups, I snatched them up and knew right away what I would create in my Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker for Thanksgiving.
The timing was perfect. I just happen to have some fresh Pressure Cooker Sugar Pie Pumpkin Puree in my fridge.
Separate out the yolk from one of the eggs and set it aside. We will use it in the cheesecake filling.
Make this recipe Gluten Free by using Bob’s Gluten Free Flour Baking Mix!
Mix all the dry ingredients together. This is simple – wet ingredients get mixed together and dry ingredients get mixed together. Then they both get combined with each other. Pretty simple.
Rather than using Buttermilk, I used Homemade Greek Yogurt, so that the Batter would be slightly thicker to account for the wet Cheesecake Filling.
In order to make light and fluffy muffins, you must hand mix them and…..only enough to combine. You will see lumps and streaks of flour and egg and stuff. That is totally fine.
So, add the butter and sugar to a Mixing Bowl and cream together. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the Mixing Bowl and hand mix together, just until combined. Batter will be a bit lumpy and that is fine.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients, a bit at a time and hand mix into the wet ingredients. Don’t worry about any lumps.
You can see that the Muffin Batter is just barely combined. You might see some flour pockets, which is totally fine. You do not want to over mix the batter.
This is what will give you a very light and fluffy muffin. Over mixing will cause dense, heavy and hard muffins.
DO NOT GREASE THE BAKING CUPS!!!!! The Batter needs to be able to cling on a bit, so that the Cast of Ingredients for Instant Pot Pumpkin Muffin Cheesecake Bites will rise properly.
Make sure the cream cheese (I only use Philadelphia brand) and eggs are at room temperature. Combine all the cheesecake ingredients, except for the eggs and use your Electric Hand Mixer to mix together well.
I skipped my signature peels in lieu of True Orange Crystalized Orange. I thought a little punch of citrus would heighten the pumpkin flavor and it sure did.
First add the single yoke. Hand mix it through. Add the whole egg and hand mix that though, just until combined.
I had to syringe feed Oliver, my sick cat a while ago, so I bought lots of these 60 ml Disposable Syringes. I spoke about that when I made my Pressure Cooker Chicken Feet Broth for Cats & Dogs. They work awesome in place of a Pastry Bag to inject filling into cake, muffins, meatballs, etc.
You can see that the Muffin Batter is all puffed up now. Divide all the Cheesecake Filling between the 18 Mini Silicone Baking Cups. I injected about 30 ml into each Muffin Cup of Batter.
The Muffin Batter will rise around the Cheesecake Filling.
In case there was a lot of action during cooking, I added an additional trivet to keep the Mini Silicone Baking Cups from falling over. I don’t know that it is necessary though. 😉
You can see how the filling will stay nice and soft inside the Muffin Batter.
This reminds me of a Cheese Danish. The texture is similar.
These Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin Bites look cute upside down.
I bet you could serve them that way. What do you think? Yay or nay?
You can easily make these in advance and then freeze!
More Instant Pot Pumpkin Recipes to Make.
- Pressure Cooker Pie Pumpkin Puree
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Curry Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Apple Butter
- Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake “Pake”
- Instant Pot Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- Stainless Steel Trivet
- Long Legged Trivet
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer
- 1.5 Tablespoon Cookie Dough Scoop
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- Mini Silicone Baking Cups
- Homemade Greek Yogurt
- Pressure Cooker Sugar Pie Pumpkin Puree
- Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream recipe
- True Orange Crystalized Orange
- 60 ml Disposable Syringes
- Whole Nutmeg
- Bob’s Gluten Free Flour Baking Mix
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffin BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup Butter room temperature
- 3/4 cups Demerara Sugar (or White Sugar)
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg White room temperature
- 4 oz Homemade Pie Pumpkin Puree (or canned)
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Yogurt (or Buttermilk)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 7/8 cup All Purpose Flour (or Gluten Free Flour)
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add sugar and butter to bowl and cream together.
- Add vanilla, Yogurt, Pumpkin Puree and egg(s) to the bowl and gently mix until just combined. Do not over mix the batter. Lumps are fine
- Combine dry ingredients and add them to wet ingredients and hand mix to combine. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Add approximately 1.5 Tablespoons to each Mini Muffin Cup.
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, yogurt, True Orange/grated peels and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add egg and yolk and hand mix until just combined. Do not over mix the eggs.
Assemble and Bake
- Add filling to a Syringe or Pastry Bag and inject tip deep into center of Muffin Batter. Squeeze in about 1.5 Tablespoons of filling, until all filling is used. Batter will puff up around filling.
- Add 1.5 cups water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a trivet. Place Muffin cups on trivet. If you have a second trivet, you can stack them.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 7 minutes. When Beep sounds, allow a 15 minute Natural Pressure Release.