Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake) is a rich smooth dessert, which is slightly firmer than Pumpkin Pie, yet not as dense as NY Cheesecake
What is a Pake? Remember “Drop Dead Diva”? Stacy wanted to make a cake and two of the pages stuck together? The results were a Pake. A merger of a pie and a cake! A Pake!
This Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake), made right in the Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker, is in between a New York Cheesecake and a fancy Pumpkin Pie. This Pake will not be firm like a typical New York Cheesecake, but will be slightly more firm than a Pumpkin Pie, kind of like a French Cheesecake texture.
Before you get started making this Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake), please read my article called Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake Tips & Guide, so that your first cheesecake will be a success.
I scaled down the recipe and incorporated some changes to get the taste, texture and height that Beth requested. For this recipe, you can used canned pumpkin or Fresh Homemade Pumpkin Puree.
If you are lucky enough to find Pie Pumpkins in your grocery store, try using fresh homemade Pressure Cooker Pie Pumpkin Puree.
The fresh homemade Pumpkin Puree, really takes this Pake up another notch!
Some people like to make individual size cheesecakes using Mason Jars. If you would like to do that for this recipe, you will only need six Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars or 12 Ball 4 oz Mason Jars. They can be made with or without crust. Just divide the crust (if using), filling and topping equally between each jar.
More Yummy Holiday Cheesecakes to Make.
- Pressure Cooker Holiday Spice Peppernuts Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker Peppermint Milkshake Cheesecake
- Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Italian Meyer Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
How to Make Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake) Crust.
- I love using cinnamon graham crackers, rather than the plain ones.
- If you prefer plain, or even chocolate, that would be delicious too.
- A food processor is perfect for grinding graham crackers into crumbs.
- If you don’t have a Food Processor or an Electric Hand Mixer, take a large baggie and put the graham crackers inside.
- Seal it and take a rolling pin and crush the crackers. Pulse until small crumbs form.
This Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake) is a very tall cheesecake. I used my 6″ Fat Daddio’s Push Pan for this recipe and you can see that it filled the pan all the way up.
So, those of you who have the 7″ Cheesecake Pan will be very happy with the height you will get from this recipe.
It just might be a little more difficult to separate the cake from the bottom of the pan.
Press crumb mixture into pan using a Fox Run Tart Tamper or your fingers, forming a neat border around the edge and slightly up the sides.
Filling for Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake).
- If you want the best tasting cheesecake possible, please do not use off brand or store brand cream cheese.
- There are certain products where it is not a big deal to use a lesser expensive or on sale item.
- In cheesecake making, Philadelphia brand Cream Cheese, makes a huge and I mean HUGE difference.
Seasonings in Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Some people say that the alcohol gets burned off during cooking, others say it doesn’t.
Since the ingredients are at room temperature, they will come together quickly.
The batter should be nice and smooth.
How to Mix Eggs into Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Filling.
- Eggs need to be mixed into the batter gently.
- Add one egg at a time. Just use the pulse button for one second after each egg added
- It is okay if you see some of the yellow yolk.
I like to cover my cake pan with a paper towel and a piece of foil, to eliminate water from landing on the cheesecake. If any moisture gets on the cake, just dab it off with a paper towel.
It is cheap to make and you will find yourself using it all your Pot in Pot cooking. If you don’t want to make this Homemade Sling, you might prefer this Silicone Sling/ Vegetable Steamer which is a nice product. Some people like to use Grafiti Bands Cross Style as they make it so easy to get pans and bowls in and out of the Pressure Cooker.
“A cheesecake is done before the center of it is set. It will be a bit jiggly in the center and the sides will be slightly higher.
Don’t feel the urge to cook longer or else the top will crack.
The heat that is trapped inside will continue to cook the center while the cheesecake cools.”
That is my normal mantra, right? Well, since we are making a Pake, Pumpkin Pie + Cheesecake = “Pake,” we don’t want too much of a jiggle.
This is NOT a cheesecake. The texture will not be like a regular New York Cheesecake. This is like a dense pie or a light cheesecake.
As a result, I have added a couple of minutes to the cook time, to make sure your Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake) is perfectly baked.
The original recipe calls for the topping to be baked after it is put on the Cheesecake.
I tried that with the Pressure Cooker and it was not pretty. Rest assured, I figured it out and it works.
Please make sure that if you serve this Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake), none of your guests have any alcohol concerns.
Of course, this is not suited for anyone under 21 years of age. If you do not want to use Bourbon in the topping, Maple Syrup + Vanilla Extract will work.
Homemade Greek Yogurt is a nice alternative to sour cream, if you happen to be a yogurt maker and want to use some of it up.
I love to use this Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk, but I think you all already know that. 😉
The topping is almost over flowing………perfect outcome.
Any jar that will fit into the opening of the Push Pan will work. Push down on the pan to reveal the Cheesecake.
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake.
- Make the Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake the day before you need it and let is set up overnight the refrigerator.
- A Cheesecake desperately needs at least 12 hours in the refrigerator. The difference in taste and texture is huge.
- Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature.
- As the Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is larger than most, use a 7 inch Push Pan.
- The Instant Pot cooking pot makes a great cover in the refrigerator, so that it won’t get messed up with plastic wrap or other covering.
- I use this LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner to remove the cheesecake to a plate. It’s super thin and fits easily between the Cheesecake and the base of the pan.
- It is not a good idea to cut the cheesecake on top of the Push Pan base, as it will scratch and sticking will become a problem.
You will wow your guests with the likes of your Instant Pot Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake).
Beth Braznell, who is one of my Facebook cooking groups, asked me to convert her favorite Cheesecake recipe from Gourmet Magazine for the Pressure Cooker. Thank you Beth, for this challenge. It was fun. XOXOXO
More Instant Pot Pumpkin Dessert Recipes to Make.
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Butterscotch Cake
- Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Muffin Cheesecake Bites
- Instant Pot Buttermilk Pumpkin Bread
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Butter
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Stainless Steel Trivet
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- 11 Cup Food Processor
- 6″ Fat Daddio’s Push Pan
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner – I totally love this spatula!
- Pressure Cooker Sugar Pie Pumpkin Puree
- Whole Nutmeg
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie CheesecakePrint Pin Rate
- 16 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 Whole Eggs large, room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk room temperature
- 3/4 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree (or Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon Tapioca Starch or cornstarch
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Whole Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1.5 cups water
- Please read my article Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake Tips & Guide, before proceeding.
- Add cookies, sugar and pecans to the bowl of food processor and pulse a couple of times, until small crumbs form.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stove top and add to graham cracker mixture. Pulse until just combined.
- Pour cookie mixture into bottom of greased 6-inch cheesecake pan and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and one inch up along the sides.
- Place pan with crust into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, Tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, Bourbon and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix the eggs.
- Hand blend in cream thoroughly.
- Pour filling into the pan, on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of your pressure cooker and then place a trivet inside the pot.
- Gently cover the cheesecake first with a paper towel and then with a piece of aluminum foil to tent.
- Place cheesecake into pressure cooker using a sling.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 40 minutes. Allow a 15 minute natural release.
- After all pressure has been released, open pressure cooker and gently remove the pan. Remove the foil and paper towel and dab off any liquid that may have accumulated.
- The center should be slightly soft, but don't worry. The heat that is trapped inside will continue to cook the center while the cheesecake cools.
- Mix together the sour cream, sugar and Bourbon and then spread on the hot cheesecake.
- Let cool on wire rack for one hour.
- Lightly cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Remove Cheesecake from pan and serve.
8 oz Glass Jar - cook 7 minutes
4 oz Glass Jar - cook 4 minutes
16 oz Glass Jars - DON'T DO IT!
15 minute Natural Pressure Release