Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Salad [Cleo Hollywood] are a delicious and healthy appetizer. The crispy leaves, almonds and capers give the salad a nice crunch.The first time I actually loved Brussels Sprouts, was when I made them for a dinner party. I pan fried them in some lemon and butter and other seasonings and they came out so well. Everyone loved them and they were even better the next day on my salad. The second time, was at a restaurant called Cleo Restaurant at the Redbury Hotel in Hollywood, California. We had tickets at the Pantages to see Idina Menzel in “If/Then.” I had heard their Brussels Sprouts Salad was delish, so I ordered it and it was certainly delish.
The leaves of the Brussels sprouts are removed and are flash fried, which was very interesting. The tangy vinaigrette dressing really brought the salad. That visit also inspired my Instant Pot Baba Ghanoush recipe.
Jump to Section
Ingredients to Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Brussels Sprouts
- Slivered Almonds
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper
Instead of deep frying, I used my Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer and the results were tremendous.
While the Almonds are toasting, start preparing the Brussels Sprouts. The hardest and longest part of this recipe, is coring the Brussels Sprouts.
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts
- Make sure you use a good Paring/Tourne Knife and carefully removed the core.
- Give the Brussels Sprouts a little squeeze and the Leaves will then peel off easily, well, sort of easily.
Another recipe for Brussels Sprouts you will enjoy is my Instant Pot Low Carb Brussels Sprouts Alfredo. Its creamy and delish.
In only 4-5 minutes, you will have your own Toasted Sliced Almonds.
Remove them from the Air Fryer and Set them aside. You’ll probably still be dealing with the Brussels Sprouts Leaves.
Remove all the Leaves of the Brussels Sprouts and place them in a Medium Mixing Bowl.
If you don’t yet have an Oil Mister, and I highly recommend getting one, as you will use much less Oil this way, add in a couple of teaspoons of Vegetable Oil and carefully coat all the Brussels Sprouts Leaves.
If using an Oil Mister, spray the Leaves and gently mix them around as you go.
Place the Oiled Brussels Sprouts Leaves into the Air Fryer Basket.
Make sure to shake often and separate the Leaves if necessary, so that they will cook evenly. Be careful not to let any burn.
Making Vinaigrette Dressing
- The dressing can be made in advance and will taste even better!
Pro Tip: Start with less salt and pepper and then adjust to your personal preference.
This Glass Oil Mister is nice to use.
A delicious side dish using Brussels Sprouts is my Low Carb Brussels Sprouts Alfredo Sauce recipe. The cream and cheese do wonders for these little cabbage looking vegetables.
Start with the smallest amount, as you can add, but not take away. Drizzle on the Vinaigrette Dressing and gently toss.
I have to admit, this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Salad taste identical to the ones at the Cleo Hollywood restaurant.
Pair this Salad with my Pressure Cooker Red Wine Braised Short Ribs for a very fancy and delicious dinner.
More Air Fryer Copycat Recipes to Make:
- Air Fryer Hamburger Hamlet Fried Chicken Wings & Secret Apricot Sauce
- Air Fryer Hamburger Hamlet’s Zucchini Zircles
- Air Fryer Chinese Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWISE USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Paring Knife
- Amco Advanced Perfo
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Air Fryer Safe, Baking Pan
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Salad [Cleo Hollywood]Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 10-12 Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Almonds toasted
- 1.5 Tablespoons Oil Packed Capers drained
- 1.5 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 pinch Chili Flakes optional
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt or to taste
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- Place sliced almonds in pan and place in Air Fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes, shaking often. Remove from Air Fryer and set aside. Whisk together Dressing and set aside.
- Use a Peeling/Tourne Knife to core Brussel Sprouts and then remove the leaves. Place in bowl and toss with oil.
- Place Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 8-9 minutes, shaking often.
- Place Air Fried Sprouts on a paper towel and press lightly to remove excess oil. Place Hot Sprouts in a bowl. Add Dressing, Capers, Toasted Almonds, Chili Flakes and Parsley. Gently toss and serve. Add more Salt, Pepper, Chili Flakes, if desired.