Copycat KFC Coleslaw Recipe is a fast food that everyone loves. You can now make it at home. No one will know you didn’t buy it at the restaurant.
Everybody loves Kentucky Fried Chicken’s Coleslaw. I was determined to find a copycat recipe. This Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe is the closest I have found.
It’s super simple too.
I like to place the coleslaw in a Ziploc bag to marinate for at least a couple of hours, to overnight.
It’s always important to marinate coleslaw, as you want the cabbage and carrots to wilt just a bit.
This KFC Coleslaw goes great with my Buffalo Hot Wings.
More Coleslaw Recipes to Love.
Kitchen Equipment and Esssentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- 11 Cup Food Processor
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 119.50 grams mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- 66.67 grams White Sugar 1/3 cup
- 61 grams milk 1/4 cup
- 61.25 grams Buttermilk or use my Make Your Own Buttermilk recipe 1/4 cup
- 38.13 grams lemon juice 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- 22.35 grams white vinegar 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- 3 grams salt or 1.4 grams Kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon
- .26 grams black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- 560 grams cabbage 8 cups/1 head
- 27.5 grams Carrots 1/4 cup
- 20 grams minced onion 2 Tablespoons
- Chop cabbage and carrots into very fine pieces, a little bigger than rice.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and beat until smooth
- Add to cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.