Copycat KFC Coleslaw Recipe is a fast food that everyone loves. You can now make it at home. No one will know you didn’t buy it at the restaurant.
Everybody loves Kentucky Fried Chicken’s Coleslaw. I was determined to find a copycat recipe. This Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe is the closest I have found.
It’s super simple too.
In a Large Food Processor, chop the cabbage and carrots into very small pieces. Place into a Large Mixing Bowl.
In a Smaller Bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
I like to place the coleslaw in a Ziploc bag to marinate for at least a couple of hours, to overnight.
It’s always important to marinate coleslaw, as you want the cabbage and carrots to wilt just a bit.
This KFC Coleslaw goes great with my Buffalo Hot Wings.
More Coleslaw Recipes to Love.
Kitchen Equipment and Esssentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board
- Cuisinart Large Food Processor
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 119.50 grams mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- 66.67 grams White Sugar 1/3 cup
- 61 grams milk 1/4 cup
- 61.25 grams Buttermilk or use my Make Your Own Buttermilk recipe 1/4 cup
- 38.13 grams lemon juice 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- 22.35 grams white vinegar 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- 3 grams salt or 1.4 grams Kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon
- .26 grams black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- 560 grams cabbage 8 cups/1 head
- 27.5 grams Carrots 1/4 cup
- 20 grams Minced Onions 2 Tablespoons
- Chop cabbage and carrots into very fine pieces, a little bigger than rice.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and beat until smooth
- Add to cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Making the day before is even better.
Not “Everyone” loves KFC coleslaw. I cannot stand it. It is way too vinegary .
I like a creamy dressing so I am going to try your Easy coleslaw dressing and see if I need to reduce or eliminate the vinegar.
Delicious! Made this to go with the Bang Bang AF Chicken wings!
Kathy Mitchell says
Is potato starch the same as potato flour? If not where do you buy it?
Lydia Rose says
The more I read your recipes the more I love your site. You have thought of absolutely everything! You suggest sides to serve along with the main dish. You give ingredient amounts in both metric and imperial, that is so awesome. Also all kinds of information. What to do and what not to do. What to expect, I could go on and on.
May I suggest a section for just the mini instant pot recipes. I’m new to this IP thing and need all help I can get. It would make it so much easier than having to search through all IP recipes.
Thank you so much for sharing your labor of love.
Thank you for your nice comments. There is a slider on the recipe card to show how to increase or decrease the recipe. Jill