Pressure Cooker Corned Beef with White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce is infused with Rosemary, Oranges and Garlic, then smothered in the Creamy Sauce.
For a change from the usual Pressure Cooker New England Boiled Dinner (Corned Beef and Cabbage), try this Pressure Cooker Corned Beef with White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce and fall in love with Corned Beef, all over again. My dear friend,
Tez Mackey (Link Removed) came up with this wonderful recipe for Silverside. Silverside is what Corned Beef is called in Australia, the UK, Ireland and New Zealand.
Dry White Wine works best in this recipe. If you don’t have Dry, Crisp is okay. Your end result just may be a bit fruitier, which, in my opinion, is always good. Fresh Rosemary, Garlic and Oranges, make this Pressure Cooker Corned Beef with White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce very bright and fragrant. Cooking a Corned Beef in the Pressure Cooker will infuse the ingredients and render a moist and delicious piece of meat.
Prepare the Corned Beef for Cooking
Trim the fat off of your Corned Beef. Make sure to buy a bigger piece than needed, as there is always a lot of fat on Corned Beef, especially on the side that you cannot see. Right? Drives me nuts. Also, I have some delicious recipes for leftovers, so you will want to make sure you have some extra Corned Beef for my Air Fryer Pub Style Corned Beef Egg Rolls. You will flip over that recipe!
Place your Corned Beef a/k/a Silverside into the Pressure Cooker cooking pot. Pour in the wine, chicken broth and water. Slice the oranges and add them to the cooking pot. Throw in the garlic and place some Fresh Rosemary on top. That’s it folks! All ready to cook. No watching the pot to make sure the liquid doesn’t simmer out. Using the Pressure Cooker rather than the stove is so wonderful for making this meal. You can leave your house and go on with your day. Nice!
Prepare the White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce while the Corned Beef is cooking. It only takes a about 15 minutes on the stove top, so plan accordingly. You might want to make a little extra sauce too. It tastes great over my Pressure Cooker Spanish Tortilla and is a great substitute for Hollandaise Sauce for Eggs Benedict. Plus, you will want to have enough to use as a dipping sauce for my Air Fryer Pub Style Corned Beef Egg Rolls.
If you want to add Cabbage, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, no problem. After the 75 minute cook time and a Natural Pressure Release, just remove the Corned Beef to a plate and cover it with foil to rest.
Cut your Cabbage, leaving some of the core, so that when you slice it, the pieces will stay together.
Since the liquid is already screaming hot, you won’t need much time for the vegetables to cook. As you can see, my 6 Quart Pressure Cooker is more than large enough to use a big ole head of Cabbage! Pile in the vegetables and after a 2 minute cook time, dinner is ready!
Plate the Corned Beef and pour on a nice helping of the White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce. Pair the Pressure Cooker Corned Beef with White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce with my Pressure Cooker Healthy Potato Carrot Mash, or freshly steamed mushrooms and carrots.
Thanks for this delicious recipe, Tez. Hugs from the USA. 🙂 The White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce is abfab delicioso over the Mash! Save some of that wonderful Sauce and pour it over your Pressure Cooker Spanish Tortilla in the morning! Enjoy.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Ball 4 oz Mason Jars
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Rinse Corned Beef and trim fat. Place in Pressure Cooker cooking pot. Add wine and water. Toss in garlic, oranges, Rosemary and fill with water to just cover Corned Beef.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 75 minutes. Allow a full Natural Pressure Release.
- While Corned Beef is cooking, prepare your Homemade White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce.
- If adding in vegetables, remove the Corned Beef to a plate and cover with foil. Add vegetables to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot. Lock on Lid, Close Pressure Valve and Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. Carefully, do a Quick Release.
- Serve with Homemade White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce.
PIN this Pressure Cooker Corned Beef with White Wine Brandy Mustard Sauce!