Cheesy Mashed Potatoes are creamy and delicious and very decadent. First steamed in the Instant Pot and then baked in the oven.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Decadent and creamy is the only way to describe this mashed potato dish.
I’ve not met a potato that I did not like. I’ve taken Pioneer Woman’s wonderful recipe and adapted it for the Pressure Cooker.
The Pressure Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes are first steamed in the Pressure Cooker and then they get a good mashing. Butter and cream cheese are just two of the decadent ingredients which help to make the potatoes very creamy and delicious.
If you do not own a Pressure Cooker, just cook the potatoes on the stove.
Peel and quarter the potatoes.
Steaming potatoes for making Mashed Potatoes are the only way to go. Boiling Potatoes in water, gives them a mealy texture.
Add water to the bottom of your Pressure Cooker cooing pot and place the Quartered Potatoes in a basket on a Trivet.
Mash up the Potatoes really well.
Add Butter to the Hot Potatoes and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
I find it cheaper to make my own homemade house seasoning and I know it is always fresh.
As I cook exclusively in cast iron, I used my cast iron skillet for baking the potatoes, but if you don’t have one, just use a baking/casserole dish.
The potatoes pair especially well with my Classic Pot Roast.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- Stainless Steel Trivet
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Potato Masher
- Lodge 10.25″ Cast Iron Skillet
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Cheesy Mashed PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
- Place Potato chunks into a bowl of water and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a trivet or steamer basket inside. Add potatoes to the trivet/steamer basket.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. When Beep is heard, release all pressure.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl and mash. Add Butter, Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream, Egg (if using) and all Seasonings. Mash until combined.
- Add Mashed Potatoes to Buttered Casserole Dish and top with pieces of Butter. Place Casserole Dish into pressure cooker on top of trivet.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes. When Beep is heard, release all pressure.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter 8 inch cast iron skillet or 4 quart baking dish. Spread the potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Place pieces of Butter over the top of the potatoes. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.