Pressure Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is a delicious meal that can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Add some Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice and make this a one pot meal!
Oh, how I love Cracker Barrel’s Honey Mustard Fried Chicken Fingers. We don’t fry much in this house. I wanted to create something as good as the Cracker Barrel’s Honey Mustard Fried Chicken Fingers. Without deep frying, it’s nearly impossible.
I thought, how about Pressure Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken with a really good Honey Mustard Sauce to pour on top? Let’s take this one step further and made some rice in the same pot using the Pot in Pot Method. Here are the instructions: Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice.
It’ll have to do, for now, right? Well, once you taste how good this is, you won’t miss all that oil.
I like using a variety of mustard to achieve a complex flavor. If you don’t have all the varieties listed, I will made notations in the Notes section of the recipe for substitutes and amounts.
Turn this Pressure Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken recipe into a one pot meal!
Whisk up the ingredients and taste a drop. If you feel the sauce is a tad too sweet, add 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard.
Dice the onions as fine as possible.
You are ready to lock on the lid and cook your entire dinner in ONE pot at the same time!!!
Open the pot and remove the Pan of rice. Your rice will be perfectly cooked at the same exact time as your Pressure Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken. Fluff up the rice and plate your dinner.
Using the reserved sauce, pour over the top or use as a dip. It’s not Cracker Barrel, but it is very good and much better for the heart.
For a stickier chicken, try putting the pieces under the broiler for a few minutes.
Serve with Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes w/ Glistening Sauce, Mushroom Risotto or Garlic Whipped Potatoes and a green vegetable, of course.
Kitchen Equipment Used
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 2 pounds Chicken, Thighs/Breasts, Boneless and Skinless
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Brown Mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (or water w/ bouillon)
- See my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice recipe
- In a mixing glass, whisk together all Mustard, Honey and Salt.
- Place chicken, onions, half the Honey Mustard Sauce and broth into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice now.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes for dark meat or 5 minutes for white meat.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 15 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Plate chicken and pour reserved Sauce over chicken.