Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken cooked with tomatoes, garlic, oil over Zoodles and topped with basil is a fragrant and delicious low carb meal.
Tender chicken breast cooks with tomatoes, garlic, oil, Parmesan cheese. Top with basil and Mozzarella over Zoodles (or spaghetti)! Whether following a low carb diet or not, Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken is a fragrant and flavorful light and fresh meal. Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken has all the feels of an Italian restaurant, but without the carbs.
When we go out to eat at Italian restaurants, it is so easy to make a meal out of the Bruschetta and the Bread. That is all I need. 🙂
My Pressure Cooker Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken has been the number one Chicken recipe on the Blog. Let’s see if this recipe can break the record.
There is so little effort and such a big taste.
Jump to Section
Ingredients for Bruschetta Chicken
- Chicken Breast
- A good Extra Virgin Olive Oil – always use the best that YOU can afford
- Diced Tomatoes
- Lots of Fresh Garlic
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Chicken Base
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese (not the grated stuff in the can)
Pro Tip: Do NOT use the grated/powdered stuff that comes in a green can or any other grated/powdered stuff. Use a block of real Parmesan cheese and shred it yourself!!!
Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken is so easy to make and takes very little effort.
Make sure to drain the Diced Tomatoes, so the Sauce won’t be watery. I like to use Tomatoes that say “Imported from Italy.”
The Kassandrinos Olive Oil is a really good Olive Oil and priced right.
Lightly pound the Chicken, so that the Breasts are all about the same thickness.
Add the Freshly SHREDDED Parmesan Cheese (remember, a block of real cheese, not from a can) on top and you are ready to cook!!!
Appetizer for Bruschetta Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Low Carb Hot Onion Dip is a wonderful way to start out this meal.
While the Bruschetta Chicken is cooking, grab your Veggie Spiralizer. And a couple of Zucchini Squash. It’s that easy and only takes a minute.
Spiralize the Zucchini
- My manual hand held Spiralizer gets the job done, just not as fast. This Oxo Spiralizer does a better job.
- For the full flavor and nutrients, keep the skin on the Zucchini. I mean, obvi, no one peels Zucchini!
This Veggie Spiralizer comes with several blades, so you can choose the size of your Zoodles. I like to use the Spaghetti blade..
The Pressure Cooker Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles recipe is really good with Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Squash.
The Zoodles can be used raw, so that is an advantage if you are in a hurry. (As an aside, Beet Zoodles are da bomb!!!!)
What I love about this recipe, besides it being so simple and quick, is the versatility. You can change it up a bit for other textures and flavors.
If you want to add some richness, a bit of Butter will do just that. For a Creamy Sauce, swirl in some Heavy Cream to the cooking pot.
For a change from Zoodles, try my Pressure Cooker Mashed Turmeric Cauliflower. OMG, the Bruschetta Chicken Sauce mixed with the Mashed Cauliflower is incredible. It’s almost decadent.
We have very fragrant Basil plants outside. The Fresh Basil adds such aroma and freshness to this dish.
Pro Tip: If you want to warm up the Zoodles and give them a bit of a steam, add them right into the pot and stir. The residual heat will cook them in about 30 second to the perfect tenderness.
I tend to just use them raw as the heat on the plate from the brushetta will soften the zucchini.
More Low Carb Recipes to Make:
- Another super healthy recipe to try is my Pressure Cooker Americana Wedding Soup. It is filled with so much flavor and is also Low Carb! You won’t miss the potatoes with my secret ingredient taking the place. Let me know what you think.
- Low Carb Pasta de Bocaditos Jamon – no, it is not pasta, it is a Cuban Ham Spread that is yummy with Pork Rinds.
- Pressure Cooker Low Carb Manhattan Clam Chowder – One of the best you will ever taste.
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken – The number on recipe on the blog, 2.5 years running!
Can you smell this Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles through your monitor? Do you think you are in a fine Italian restaurant?
The hot and yummy Bruschetta will melt the Mozzarella to perfection.
No need to turn on the Oven or Air Fryer. Well, if you want to kick this up a notch, make some of my Air Fryer Radish Hash Browns. Crumble them on and sprinkle on top of the Bruschetta Chicken. Now THAT would be delish.
- If you are not low carbing it, try my Instant Pot Yogurt Whey Crusty Bread!
- The Country Sourdough Bread is pretty fantastic too.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulals Set
- Kassandrinos Olive Oil
- Meat Tenderizer
- OXO Veggie Spiralizer
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken with ZoodlesPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 2.5 pounds Diced Tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese the real stuff, shredded (NOT THE POWDERED STUFF!)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 head Fresh Garlic peeled, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (optional)
- 6-8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese thinly sliced
- Parmesan Cheese shaved
- Add Tomatoes, Garlic, Onions, Oil, Chicken Base, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper to Instant Pot and mix together.
- Add Chicken and Parmesan Cheese.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at Low Pressure (most machines default to high pressure) for 3 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Open lid and mix in butter and fresh basil leaves.
- Use spiralizer to make zoodles.
- Blanche zoodles and place onto dinner plate.
- Place chicken on top of zoodles (or pasta).
- Place very thin slices of Mozzarella cheese over chicken and spoon hot Bruschetta sauce over chicken and Zoodles.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Butter for richer flavor.
- Use 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream for a Creamy Bruschetta Chicken.