Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken dip, for sandwiches or on a bed of lettuce is tender, juicy and cheesy with buffalo sauce. Low carb and keto too. Pressure Cooker Crack Chicken.
One of the first and still one of my most favorite recipes I ever made in my first pressure cooker is my Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese.
I’ve always joked that it is like “crack,” as it is just so delicious.
As my Spicy Chicken Bow Tie Pasta recipe from my This Old Gal Pressure Cooker Cookbook has been hugely popular, I’ve created this Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken to be a combination of the two, but in a keto low carb version.
What is Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken?
- “Crack” chicken is simply the combination of cheese, ranch seasoning and bacon.
- Shelly from Cookies and Cups says that she had seen that combination referred to as “crack” this and “crack” that, so she created a Slow Cooker chicken version.
- Her original “crack chicken” was created/posted early 2015 and was apparently a huge success.
- My Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese came about in 2005, before I was blogging. It was so good, my husband and I referred to it as crack” and I posted about it on my Facebook page. Back then, I used to post everything I cooked, back before I knew blogging was a thing. 🙂
- In 2011 I began working with Bob Wang, the owner of Instant Pot, as a reseller of the Instant Pot Multi-cooker. We had talked about my buffalo chicken recipe and he asked me if he could post it on his website.
How to Make Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken.
Onions or scallions are diced and chicken is cut into chunks.
Rather than using a packet of ranch seasonings, individual spices are used for a more flavorful dish
Use a microplane to shred your own cheese. Freshly shredded cheese is much tastier.
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Crack Chicken.
- Bacon can be first cooked in the Instant Pot and left in the pot, or can be cooked on the stove and added afterwards.
- Cut the block of cream cheese into small pieces.
- To enhance the flavor of the hot sauce, add a touch of brown sugar alternative or a Tablespoon of brown sugar (if not following keto).
- Franks RedHot Sauce is recommended.
- For a milder flavor, either add more butter or use less hot sauce.
- Use a handheld electric mixer to easily shred the chicken.
Sliced carrots add more great flavor. If you use them, you might want to hand shred the chicken, rather than using an electric mixer.
Cheese will melt quickly in the hot liquid.
The sauce thickens up as it cools.
More Cheesy Recipes You Will Love.
- Instant Pot Chicken Jalapeno Popper Soup
- Low Carb Keto Pressure Cooker Hot Onion Dip
- Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Shredding the chicken with a hand held electric mixer is quickest way to shred cooked chicken.
How to Eat Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken.
- As a sandwich.
- Rolled up in a lettuce leaf.
- On top of a green salad.
- Over Mashed Cauliflower.
Crispy Bacon makes a great topping. Chop it up and mix it through too!
Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken tastes even better the next day!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
- Lodge 10.25″ Cast Iron Skillet
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – for baking and shredding chicken!
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Spicy Crack ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 4 ounces Shallot diced
- 1.5 pounds Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter cut into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Celery Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Swiss Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese, Feta or Cotija Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Scallions chopped
- Add shallots, chicken, cream cheese, butter, salt, celery, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, hot sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire to pressure cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then carefully release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and blue cheese.
- Use a mixer to shred the chicken or use two forks. When chicken is shredded mix in scallions.
Optional Add Ins
- 1 stalk Celery, minced
- 1 small Red Pepper, diced.
- Add in with the onions/scallions.