Instant Pot Cabbage and Sausage is a delicious and healthy low carb meal. It is weight watchers friendly and cooks up in only a few minutes.
Not only does coconut oil, black pepper and Turmeric (called Golden Paste) taste good, the combination of those three ingredients is beneficial to your health.
More Instant Pot Cabbage Recipes to Make:
- Pressure Cooker Jewish Sweet and Sour Stuffed Cabbage Holishkes
- Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls [Low-ish Carbs]
- Instant Pot Crack Slaw [Low Carb Egg Roll Bowls]
- Instant Pot Colcannon Irish Mashed Potatoes & Kale + Video
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 3 tablespoons Butter coconut oil or bacon fat
- 1 head Cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow/Brown Onion chopped
- 1 pound Sausage like Aidell's, Polish, Chorizo or Andouille sliced
- 15 ounces Diced Tomatoes w/Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons Organic Turmeric Powder
- teaspoon Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Select the Sauté or Browning Button on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Chop the sausage and slice cabbage, and onion.
- Add sliced sausage to the cooking pot and brown lightly.
- Remove grease, if necessary.
- Add coconut oil, cabbage, onion, tomatoes, salt, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 1 minute. When Beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Open lid and if there is excess liquid, allow to cook down until most of liquid has been reduced.