Air Fryer Orange Turkey Burgers with an Asian flair are juicy and delicious. The Orange Glaze bakes into the burgers, so each bite is flavorful. Top the burgers with my Spicy Orange Aioli.
Air Fryer Orange Turkey Burgers with an Asian flair are juicy and delicious.
The Orange Glaze bakes into the burgers, so each bite is flavorful and leaves a caramelized glaze on top.
My Spicy Orange Aioli Sauce adds another layer of flavor and can be customized to your level of heat!
Turn them into Sliders for fun dinner parties, or make them on the Charcoal or Electric Grill at your next cookout.
I will show you two ways to make them in the Air Fryer.
Jump to Section
What are the Ingredients to Orange Turkey Burgers?
- Ground Turkey
- Old Fashion Oatmeal or Grapenut Nuggets
- Ground Mustard Seed
- Chinese Five Spice
- Orange Marmalade
Ground Beef and Ground Chicken will work well in this recipe too.
Ground Chicken is not as common and why I chose Turkey instead.
Grab that Flat Whisk that I know you bought after reading about it on my blog, right?
The orange basting sauce is so delicious. It gives the burgers a nice caramelized char. If you really wanna, you can mix the Basting Sauce right into the meat mixture.
Why Glaze the Burgers, rather than mixing in the Sauce?
The Ground Turkey (or Beef) will stay firm and preserve the integrity and taste of the Meat.
If you mix the Basting Sauce into the meat mixture you will have a meatloaf texture.
You want to taste the flavor of the Meat that you are using and you also want the Burger to feel like a Burger.
The flavor of the Orange Sauce, should be the “ah ha” moment and not over power a good Burger.
Now, if you want to mix it all in, try using my Pressure Cooker Turkey Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes recipe and substitute those ingredients, with the ingredients of this Air Fryer Orange Turkey recipe. OMG, so good!
How do you Make Orange Turkey Burgers?
Mix up the meat with the dry ingredients. Add a little of the Orange Basting Sauce.
The Orange Basting Sauce, coupled with the Oatmeal will lock in juicy moisture, as Turkey tends to be lean and oh so dry!
You actually can either add all the Orange Sauce into the Burgers, or just add a bit. And then paint the rest on shortly before they are fully cooked.
To get a great BBQ Grill Char on the Burgers, preheat your Air Fryer.
Turkey is very lean, so I used my Oil Spritzer to grease the Air Fryer Basket. The Olive Oil Sprayer / Mister for Cooking is the best spritzer I have found.
Once the Air Fryer is nice and hot, it is time to add the Meat Patties.
Other Delicious Air Fryer Recipes to Make:
- Air Fryer Colombian Pan de Yuca (Cheesy Bread)
- Air Fryer Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Carne Asada (Grilled Steak Tacos)
- Simply Delicious Air Fryer French Fries
Why Do you Make an Indention into the Hamburger?
Making an indentation in the middle of a Burger will help keep the burger, nice and flat. It will prevent the centers from rising and causing a hump when cooked.
Have you ever made a Burger and your top bun just rocks back and forth on top? Well, that!
With a Basting Brush, brush the Orange Sauce all over the Turkey Patty. As the Burgers cook, the indentation will rise and the Sauce will spread out and form a glaze.
The Glazed Burgers are so juicy and delicious.
Since the glazing is on the outside, the Burgers will get a little bit of a char from the sugar in the Orange Marmalade.
Wait until you take a bite! Juicy and so yummy.
To turn these Air Fryer Orange Turkey Burgers into Sliders, grab a Square 5 or 6 inch Pan (depending on the size of your Air Fryer).
Use the Oil Mister and spray the Pan.
Since these are Sliders and meant to be on the thin-ish side, I mixed in all of the Orange Basting Sauce.
The Push Pan makes is super easy to just push out the meat and cut it into two or three inch squares.
Grab some Potato Buns or Hawaiian Buns.
Coleslaw or Purple Cabbage is nice.
A little dollop of the Orange Aioli.
The Orange Aioli Sauce can be made as hot as you like.
We are a bit wussy in this house and only add a tiny touch of the Sambal Oelek. 🙂
I’d love it if you let me know if you make these and what you think.
Don’t forget to share this recipe link on your social media channels. It helps to keep the blog running for free!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Olive Oil Sprayer / Mister for Cooking
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- Silicone BBQ Basting Brush
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Beef or Chicken, fine too
- 1 Tablespoon Rolled Oats (Old Fashion Oatmeal)
- or Grapenuts Nuggets
- 1 teaspoon Dry/Ground Mustard Seed
- 1 Scallion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
Orange Basting Sauce
- 1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Premium Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek Ground Chili Paste or more for heat
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Whisk together Orange Aioli ingredients and place in refrigerator.
- Mix together Basting Sauce and set aside.
- Preheat Air Fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix together burger ingredients, plus 1 Tablespoon of Basting Sauce.
- Divide meat mixture into six pieces and shape into round patties.
- Make an indentation in the center of each patty to keep the patties from puffing.
- Lightly Spray Air Fryer Basket with Oil and quickly place patties into hot Air Fryer Basket.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 9 minutes, basting burgers every couple of minutes.
- Turn burgers over after 6 minutes and baste. Flip over again, baste and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with Orange Aioli.
To Make Air Fryer Orange Turkey SlidersUse a square 5 or 6 inch pan (depending on the size of your air fryer) and spray pan with oil. To the burger mix, mix in all the Orange Basting Sauce. Sliders are meant to be thinner than burgers and mixing in the basting sauce now will keep them nice and moist during cooking. Place pan of meat into the air fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pan from air fryer and cut the meat into 6-8 pieces (depending on size of pan). Remove the tops to the small square potato buns and Hawaiian buns. Add each square burger to the bottom bun. Top with coleslaw mixture and/or purple cabbage and alittle dollop of the Orange Aioli. The Push Pan makes is super easy to just push out the meat and then cut it into squares.
Pin It Air Fryer Orange Turkey Burgers
It all looks soooo yummy…I’m trying to pin the recipes to my ” This old Gal ” board , but don’t see an option ?
Debbie, I just had an issue and it should not be working. Jill