I am not a fan of canned condensed cream of soup. It kinda really, grosses me out. It is so easy to make yourself! By changing the broth or bouillon flavor, you can make any flavor of condensed cream of soup that you need for your recipe. No need to by canned condensed soup that is full of preservatives and very salty.
Check out my Pork Chops in Homemade Mushroom Gravy to see how I incorporate this Homemade Cream Of Soup recipe into that recipe to make the gravy.
I make Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken quite a bit, along with Cream of Vegetable Soup quite often and then whisk in a cup of Pressure Cooker Bone Broth and use it in a recipe calling for Cream of Soup. It’s just that easy.
This recipe is the basic recipe, so if you want a Cream of Mushroom Soup, just add chopped mushrooms, for Cream of Shrimp, add chopped shrimp and so on, plus a cup of Broth, and add to your recipe.
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Stainless Steel 3 Quart Saucepan
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 1 cup Cold Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1½ Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon (or any flavor you like)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a small saucepan, whisk milk and cornstarch until well blended.
- Stir in butter, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- Heat to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Simmer on low for one minute more to thicken.