Cream of Anything Soup Recipe is very simple to make, healthier and much better then any condensed cream of soup from a can.
I am not a fan of canned condensed cream of soup. It kinda really, grosses me out. It is so easy to make yourself! By changing the broth or bouillon flavor, you can make any flavor of cream of anything soup that you need for your recipe. No need to by canned condensed soup that is full of preservatives and very salty.
Check out my Pork Chops in Homemade Mushroom Gravy to see how I incorporate this homemade Cream of Anything Soup Recipe into that recipe to make the gravy.
I make Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken quite a bit, along with Cream of Vegetable Soup quite often and then whisk in a cup of Pressure Cooker Bone Broth and use it in a recipe calling for Cream of Soup. It’s just that easy.
This Cream of Anything Soup Recipe is the basic recipe, so if you want a Cream of Mushroom Soup, just add chopped mushrooms, for Cream of Shrimp, add chopped shrimp and so on, plus a cup of Broth, and add to your recipe.
More Recipes Using Cream of Anything Soup Recipe.
- Pressure Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff (Pressure Cooker)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala Mushroom Soup
- Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Homemade Mushroom Gravy
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Stainless Steel 3 Quart Saucepan
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- In a small saucepan, whisk milk and cornstarch until well blended.
- Stir in butter, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- Heat to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Simmer on low for one minute more to thicken.
PIN this Condensed Cream of Anything Soup Recipe!