This Pressure Cooker Ghee Rice toasts the rice in delicious Homemade Ghee and will be ready to eat in less than 15 minutes! Imagine that. 🙂
Making rice in a Pressure Cooker, is not only easy, it is lightening fast. Whether you use a sauce pan on the stove or your favorite Rice Maker, you are going to be waiting about 20 minutes for white rice. Imagine making White Rice in your Pressure Cooker in just minutes!
Pressure Cooker Ghee Rice is so easy and without any fuss or standing over the stove!
It’s really simple. Rice, Pressure/Slow Cooker Simple Ghee, Salt and Pressure Cooker Bone Broth, or water! Make sure you use equal amounts of rice and liquid! A “rice cup” is just 6 oz, so measure accordingly.
A coffee cup can be any size, right? You would not use your favorite coffee cup to measure and assume it is a standard 8 oz dry or wet measuring cup. The coffee cup I use in the morning holds 10 oz of liquid. Okay, so, now you now. A “rice” cup is just that…a vessel for measuring rice.
If you want to cook your rice at the same time and in the same pot as your meal, check our my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice for the recipe and timing.
Place your rice in a Steamer/Rinsing Basket and rinse under cool water, until the water runs clear. Use Jasmine rice or your favorite white rice.
If you want to use Brown Rice, you will need to increase the water and the cook time.
Plus, this RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket, does double duty, so no need for another accessory!
Add in the Pressure Cooker Bone Broth or water and salt and you are ready to cook.
Now, as you have noticed by now, this is not the traditional fragrant Indian Ghee Rice, with all the delicious seasonings, but it is a rice that my husband and I love so much and I wanted to share this with you.
For other delicious rice recipes, please check out my Japanese Vegetable Curry Fried Rice, Pressure Cooker Seasoned Vegetable Ghee Rice and Pressure Cooker One Pot Chicken and Rice recipes.
Kitchen Equipment and Esssentials
- Instant Pot DUO80 (8 Quart)
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
- Pressure/Slow Cooker Simple Ghee
- Pressure Cooker Bone Broth
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Select the Sauté or Browning Button on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Place rice in steamer basket and rinse rice using cool water until the water runs clear.
- Add Simple Ghee to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Dump in rinsed rice and toast for three minutes.
- Add your Bone Broth/Stock and salt.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10-15 minute Natural Pressure Release.
If using Brown Rice, add 24 oz of liquid and cook for 15 minutes.