Air Fryer Sweet Polenta Breakfast Bites crisp up so nicely in the Air Fryer and make a great addition to any breakfast.
What? Polenta for breakfast? Yesiree! Deep Fried Crispy little bites, covered in Powdered Sugar and drenched in Real Maple Syrup. No, not really, these are Air Fryer Breakfast Sweet Polenta Bites that are not deep fried, but have a nice deep fried taste! At a fraction of the calories, you cannot go wrong.
You will first need a batch of my Basic Creamy Polenta Recipe. After you make up a batch, put it in the refrigerator to cool. You can even do this the night before and then cook up your Air Fryer Breakfast Sweet Polenta Bites in the morning for breakfast.
Using your hands or a 1.5 Tablespoons Cookie Dough Scooper, shape into balls and place on waxed paper.
You will get at least 26 balls from this recipe, I think. The Basic Creamy Polenta Recipe was so good, I kept having to take a little taste.
Pour the Potato Starch into a bowl and toss in a few of the Polenta Balls. Lightly coat them and shake off any excess Potato Starch. Yes, you can use Cornstarch if you like.
You can see that there is just a light dusting of the Potato Starch. The Potato Starch will lock in the moisture and allow the Air Fryer Sweet Polenta Breakfast Bites to crisp up in the Air Fryer.
Using Ghee, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, or your favorite oil, take an Oil Mister and grease the Air Fryer Basket. I like to use Coconut Oil for this recipe, as it pair well with the sweetness of the Powdered Sugar and Real Maple Syrup. Place the Polenta Balls into the Air Fryer.
Mist the tops of the Polenta Balls with the Oil and place basket into Air Fryer. Use a Thin Spatula to turn the Polenta Balls halfway through.
Sift on some Powdered Sugar and serve with warm Real Maple Syrup and a cup of coffee. Enjoy!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Basic Creamy Polenta Recipe
- Potato Starch
- Olive Oil Sprayer / Mister for Cooking
- Coconut Oil
- KitchenAid 1.5 Tablespoon Cookie Dough Scooper
- Thin Spatula
- Powdered Sugar
- Real Maple Syrup
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Basic Creamy Polenta Recipe
- 1/4 cup (40g) Potato Starch or cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon (14g) Pure Virgin Coconut Oil or as needed
- Oil Mister
- Refrigerator the Basic Creamy Polenta Recipe until well chilled.
- Use a 1.5 Tablespoon Cookie Dough Scoop and form into Balls. Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Dredge Polenta Balls into Potato Starch and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Spray Air Fryer Basket with oil. Place Polenta Balls into Basket and spray the tops with oil.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 8 minutes. Use a thin spatula and flip the Polenta Balls and cook for 8 more minutes, or until crispy.
- Sift Powdered Sugar over Polenta Balls and serve with Real Maple Syrup.
Judith Barbiaux says
Jill, could you have used your Mealthy lid on this?
Could I do this using the pressure cooker polenta recipe, minus the goat cheese, of course?