Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick weeknight meal that can be on your table, including a side of rice and veggies, in less than 30 minutes.
I think I have eight slow cookers….really. I’ve been known to use them all at once.
Turn this Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe into a one pot meal!
Add the chicken and push some buttons.
You are ready to lock on the lid and cook your entire dinner in ONE pot at the same time!!!
Open the pot and remove the Pan of rice. Place the lid on top of the rice to allow it to continue to steam and finish the cooking process. While the rice is steaming, go on to the next step. Your rice will be perfectly cooked by the time the Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken is ready to eat.
It’s important not to dump the Potato Starch into hot liquid, as it will clump.
I make a slurry by removing some liquid with a measuring cup, adding in the starch and then whisking it together really well. The slurry then gets poured back into the hot liquid. This technique prevents the liquid in the pot to clump.
I’ve mentioned my Rosle Flat Whisk before, as it is now the only whisk I use.
It makes whisking and mixing so much easier than a round whisk.
If you don’t want to cook your rice with the Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, you can make it in a separate pot, using this recipe, Pressure Cooker White Rice. Alternatively, if you are cooking for a crowd and need a larger portion of rice, using the “Pot In Pot” method, try my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice.
More Asian Recipes to Make:
- One Pot Pressure Cooker Chinese Orange Pepper Chicken & Rice
- Pressure Cooker Chinese Take-Out Beef & Broccoli
- Pressure Cooker Healthy Inside Out Egg Rolls
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
- Potato Starch
- Round Dessert Pan or Tiffin Pan Set
- Stainless Steel Tall Legged Trivet/Steamer Rack.
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Honey Garlic ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- Add water, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, chili paste and garlic to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and stir to combine.
- Dredge Chicken through Potato Starch and add to cooking pot.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice now.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. When Beep is heard, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove rice and trivet. Quickly place cover on rice to finish steaming.
- Select Sauté or Browning and simmer, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Serve over rice
- Boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cook 3 minutes.
- Bone in/skin on chicken breasts, cook 6 minutes.
- Bone in/skin on chicken thighs, cook 7 minutes.
- 10 minute natural pressure release for all types.