Pressure Cooker Classic Red Bliss Potato Salad makes a colorful presentation with the red skin from the potatoes and the green dill weed.
Jump to Section
Pressure Cooker Classic Red Bliss Potato Salad
Skin on or skin off? Clap on, clap off….. Sorry, I couldn’t help it. I love the color this Classic Red Bliss Potato Salad. It’s so festive and delicious and so easy to make. My family switches off between the Classic Red Bliss Potato Salad and the Summer Picnic Potato Salad, which we make without the skin and with a bit of dill pickle. In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have potato salad chillin’ in the fridge!
I generally figure about two pounds of potatoes to four large eggs It makes it easy to weigh out the potatoes at the grocery store. Cooking the eggs with the potatoes in the Pressure Cooker makes things so much easier.
While the potatoes and eggs are cooking, mix up the sauce. It will taste too salty, but don’t worry, once you add the eggs and potatoes, it will be fine. We like the Hellmann’s/Best Food Olive Oil Mayonnaise or a Light Mayonnaise, but use whatever your family likes.
Once potatoes and eggs are cooked and cooled, add them to a large bowl and add the mayonnaise mixture.
Gently mix everything together and chill for at least one hour. Adjust spices as necessary.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Classic Red Bliss Potato SaladPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 pounds Red Bliss Potatoes scrubbed and diced
- 4-5 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Place potatoes and eggs into steamer basket or trivet and place into Pressure Cooker cooking pot with water.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. When beep sounds, manually release the pressure and then open the lid.
- Mix together Mayonnaise, Mustard, Celery Seeds, Scallions and Salt and and set aside.
- Place eggs in ice cold water and place potatoes in large bowl and allow to slightly cool.
- Carefully mix sauce into potatoes. When eggs have cooled, chop and mix them into the potato salad. Taste and add more salt or pepper, if needed.
- Place in refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with Dill Weed, if desired.