One of my favorite salads to eat is a Greek Salad with Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing. When I worked in West Palm Beach, Florida, my husband used to send me off to work with a wonderful, delicious, yummy Cortadito and a Greek Salad for lunch.
It was not the traditional Greek Salad, as there was a bit of lettuce in the salad, but it was what I loved so much.
Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing is not the traditional dressing for Greek Salads, but I love the stuff so much and it is really awesome on a Greek-ish salad. It is also great for cooking salmon, but I digress.
To make the salad more colorful for gatherings, we changed it up a bit and added Tortellini to give it more umph and flair. Inspired by The Slow Roasted Italian to use Tortellini in salads, I will be doing a series of Tortellini salads, as I just love the stuff.
Since I used fresh Tortellini and cooked it in my Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart, it took barely one minute. So, cook for half the time on the package directions and err on the side of less time.
Carefully do a quick release and drain under cold water. If cooking on the stove, follow the directions on the package.
Dry off the tortellini with a towel and place in refrigerator to chill.
Prepare the Sweet Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Cut up all the vegetables to bite size pieces and cut the onions super thin. Using a paper towel, dry off any excess water.
Gently Mix up all the ingredients in a Large Mixing Bowl.
If you are planning to serve the Greek Tortellini Salad immediately, add in the dressing and gently toss. I love these Bamboo Salad Hands because they have knobs on the back to keep them from sliding into the bowl.
This makes a beautiful presentation.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- 5.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
- VitaMix Creations
- Bormioli Rocco Viva Salad Bowl
- Bamboo Salad Hands
Here is your printable recipe:
Greek Tortellini SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper cut into bite size pieces
- ½ Red Onion very thinly sliced
- 1 English Cucumber cut into bite size pieces
- 12-16 oz Grape or Cherry tomatoes halved, if large
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives cut in half
- 6 oz Feta Cheese crumbled
- 12 oz Tortellini fresh, frozen or dried
- Dried Oregano to taste
- Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing chilled
- Cook Tortellini according to package directions, drain, dry and chill.
- Prepare Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing.
- Chop all vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Toss vegetables and tortellini together.
- Sprinkle with sliced fresh oregano leaves.
- Add dressing and serve.