Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine Pasta with a simple, fresh creamy lemon yogurt sauce; a Mediterranean dish easily made in your pressure cooker.
Creamy and lemony and buttery and pasta. What more is there to say?
Like my Instant Pot Dijon Shrimp Linguine recipe, Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine is a comforting meal, which you can easily and quickly make Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker.
The ingredients are few and the steps are easy.
Hey everyone. I’m going to show you how you can make a very simple pasta recipe with some kitchen staples and my famous Instant Pot Greek Yogurt, which should be a refrigerator staple.
Ingredients to Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine
- Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Lemons – if you don’t have fresh lemons, please use True Lemon Crystallized Crystal with water to make what will taste like very fresh lemon juice. Really!
- Fresh Garlic
Just Take Me To the Best Greek Lemon Butter Pasta Recipe Ever!
I get so many comments and questions on my posts, so I try to provide as much information as possible about the recipe to help you, my readers.
I try to provide as many tips and tricks and answer anticipated questions, so your recipe will be the best, the very first time, including how and why my methods work. This extra bit of information should help to provide you with a perfect cooking experience every time.
If you would rather skip right to the recipe and video, please scroll to the bottom of this page, where you will find the full and complete printable recipe
To save time, hit your sauté button and then go and gather the ingredients.
Just a quick sauté of the garlic in the oil and butter will release the oils in the fresh garlic and add nice flavor.
Even though we have plenty of lemon trees around my home, we still keep a bottle of True Lemon in the pantry.
There are times when I want a deeper lemon flavor without adding liquid and the crystals are perfect. They truly taste like you just stepped outside and picked a lemon off your tree.
What Type of Lemons are Used in Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine?
- We use Eureka lemons as they are full of juice and the tart taste pairs nicely with the yogurt and the garlic.
- Meyer lemons are delicious, but they will add a sweeter taste, as well as a bit of an orange flavor, which is a result of being a hybred from the pairing of citron and the orange/mandarin fruit.
A burst of lemon juice after sauteing the garlic will add nice flavor to the fettuccine.
Along with the fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper is add to the cooking pot and cooked with the pasta and water, so that the pasta, linguine in this case, will take on this special flavor.
Once pasta is cooked, any flavoring is just in the sauce, as opposed to being cooked into the pasta.
This adds another layer of flavor.
If you want to leave the fettuccine whole, I suggest adding the water first to heat and then adding in the fettuccine (or linguine if you choose) and pushing the noodles into the hot liquid, where they will bend and fit.
Can I use Another Pasta for Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine?
- Of course you can. In pretty much any recipe which uses a particular shape of pasta, you can use one of your choosing.
- There are instances where one type of pasta is better than another type of pasta.
- Sometimes the sauce in a recipe is delicate so a delicate noodle would be best. Other times a recipe is more hearty and a pasta with a more hearty bite would be best.
As I wanted a clean taste, I used fresh water.
A teaspoon or two of Better than Bouillon Chicken Base would be nice here and give a more hearty flavor with hints of chicken.
Extra liquid is to be expected, so don’t freak out when you open the pot. As the sauce is being made, the fettuccine will continue to absorb the liquid.
This gives you time to add the rest of ingredients, while the pasta is finishing cooking, without worrying about over cooking the pasta.
No one like mushy pasta and you can’t undo mushy.
If you have some of my homemade Instant Pot Greek Yogurt (Thick and Creamy), it is perfect for this recipe. Whole milk yogurt makes for a thicker sauce and therefore you may need less yogurt.
One or two percent yogurt contains less fat and you may need more yogurt than what is called for in the recipe.
Just play it by ear and add enough yogurt according to your taste buds.
Parmesan or Asiago cheese can be used interchangeable in recipes. We usually use Asiago, but here we used Parmesan cheese.
It is super easy to buy a block of cheese and use a ribbon grater and grate or shred the cheese yourself. It is fresher this way and in my opinion, tastes better.
However, if you prefer to buy a bag of already shredded Parmesan cheese, please do what you like. Just make sure to use real cheese here, not the powdered stuff.
Watch the video below as I walk you through every step and detail of this recipe. I’ve given you a ton of information above, but sometimes a visual of the process helps so you can follow along. I have my own cooking show on my YouTube Channel, so be sure to check it out and subscribe!
Watch my video and then scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card.
Tips and Tricks for Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine
- Finely mince the garlic
- Use True Lemon Crystalized if you do not have fresh lemon and add 1 teaspoon to 3/4 cup fresh water.
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese can be used. Buy it in a block and shred yourself.
- Wear loose clothing, as you will want a second helping.
Another cozy comfort food recipe to enjoy is my Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken. It is so delicious and it is low carb!
Get your comfortable clothes on and cozy up with a bowl of Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter Fettuccine.
Squeeze some more lemon on top for a nice fresh taste.
More Instant Pot Creamy Comfort Food Recipes to Make:
- Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mexican Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Instant Pot Chicken Jalapeno Popper Soup (Pressure Cooker)
What is your favorite comfort food?
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Greek Lemon Butter FettuccinePrint Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Butter (divided)
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3.75 cups Fresh Water
- 1 pound Fettuccine Noodles/Pasta
- 1.25 cups Greek Yogurt
- 6 ounces Parmesan ( or Asiago Cheese), freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley
- Select Sauté or Browning on Instant Pot and allow pot to fully heat.
- Add oil, 2 ounces of butter and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add freshly squeeze lemon juice or the True Lemon mixed with 3/4 cup water into cooking pot.
- Add salt, pepper, water and fettuccine to cooking pot. Hit cancel.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then slowly release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove lid and add the rest of the butter (2 ounces butter), Greek yogurt and stir to make the creamy sauce. Fettuccine will continue to absorb the liquid and a creamy sauce will form.
- Stir in shredded Parmesan cheese and when combines, mix in chopped parsley.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon over top.