This creamy and spicy New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce recipe, pairs with all types of seafood and Shrimp Po Boys and Lobster Rolls!
New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce
New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce is traditionally served with Seafood.
It starts with a Mayonnaise base and then loaded with spices and seasonings.
Whip this up anytime you want a great Seafood Sauce!
There are so many variations of Rémoulade Sauce and each time I make it, I like to do something a little different.
What is Rémoulade Sauce?
Rémoulade was created in France.
It is a Mayonnaise based condiment.
Originally created for use with meat, it is now generally used for Pan Seared or Fried Seafood and Fish.
Think of it like a jacked up Tartar Sauce.
What are the ingredients in Rémoulade Sauce?
- Whole Ground Mustard
- Worcetershire Sauce
- True Lemon Crystallized or Lemon Juice
- Tabasco Sauce or Crystal Hot Sauce
- Homemade Seafood Seasoning
- Diced Dill Pickles (optional)
Every recipe is so different.
This was actually an impromptu, quick recipe, that turned out really good.
We have season tickets for one of the Summer Series offered at the Hollywood Bowl.
Our last show of the Season is The Muppets Take the Bowl.
For our Picnic Dinner, I thought a Lobster Roll sounded really good. Then I thought about a Shrimp Po Boy.
So, if a Lobster Roll married a Shrimp Po Boy, you might get a Shrimp Roll.
But, I like the sound of Pressure Cooker Shrimp Po Boy better. Plus, it’s like a Lobster Roll, but with Shrimp and the flavors of a Po Boy…..and not fried.
We have several Lemon Trees in our yard, but for Mayonnaise type sauces and sauces I want to keep thick, I prefer to use True Lemon Crystallized instead of Fresh Lemon Juice.
It keeps the sauce, nice and thick.
Besides Seafood and Fish, Fried Pickles are so delicious dipped in this New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce!
Be on the look out for my Air Fryer Fried Pickles recipe.
Make sure to rest the Sauce for a while before serving.
This little Half Pint Mason Jar is perfect for storing the Rémoulade in the fridge.
My Pressure Cooker Seafood Corn Chowder is another recipe you may enjoy.
This New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce is also delicious for dipping my Air Fryer Yuca Fries.
For a Cajun twist on Mexican Elote Corn on the Cob, use this Rémoulade Sauce instead! Oh yum!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
- Ball 4 oz Mason Jars
- True Lemon Crystallized
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Mix together all ingredients and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.