Pressure Cooker Fresh Strawberry Compote is a sweet and refreshing summer treat. A minute in the Pressure Cooker is all it takes!
I’ve been enjoying my Pressure Cooker Fresh Berry Compote so much with fresh homemade Greek Yogurt. My husband, on the other hand, won’t eat it because he is not fond of blueberries. So, he therefore, gets his own batch of Pressure Cooker Fresh Strawberry Compote, just for himself.
Rather than standing over a stove and watching to make sure the fruit comes out just right, it’s really simple to make in the Pressure Cooker.
Three ingredients. You certainly can flavor this up with a vanilla bean, ginger, oh, ginger would be delicious. How about some a drop of chocolate extract?
Since making my own Instant Pot Greek Yogurt, I’ve been making Pressure Cooker Fresh Strawberry Compote about once every two weeks.
My husband eats yogurt every day and adds a couple of Tablespoon of compote to the bottom of a Mason Jar and then fills the jar with yogurt. This, coming from a guy who would not taste Greek Yogurt until I made it myself!
Because we make our own strawberry ice cream, I learned a little trick a long time ago. Add the sugar to the fruit. Mix it in a bit
There will be lots of liquid that will be released from the Strawberries. There is no need to add additional liquid to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
You can see how much juice the strawberries are already releasing.
Look how much liquid is now in the cooking pot! No water need; all fruit. Add a little squeeze of orange juice and you are ready to cook.
It’s very fresh and summery.
You can put this compote on everything!
This compote is wonderful over my Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake.
Cheesecake, uuuuuum, Cheesecake. This compote makes a great filling for my Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Singles.
These little Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars come in so handy to save and then serve the compote.
Now, get cooking. Let me know in the comments section below if you make this. See you there.
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 1 pound Fresh Strawberries washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/8 cup Sugar or to taste
- 1 oz Fresh Orange Juice
- Add fruit to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add a little squeeze of orange juice.
- Lock on lid and Close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 1 minute.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- Compote will thicken as it cools.
Don’t forget to PIN IT