Kids are invited to this Cocktail Party. Pressure Cooker Margarita Cocktail Boiled Peanuts are Salty & Sweet with a juicy Lime Flavor.
Here’s a crazy idea. Pressure Cooker Margarita Cocktail Boiled Peanuts. I had a hankering for Boiled Peanuts tonight and was thinking, maybe Cajun or Barbecue. I asked my husband which flavor he preferred or did he have something else in mind.
He said, I don’t know, what about Lime. Lime, really? I already had the peanuts in the Pressure Cooker with a bunch of Sea Salt when it hit me. Sweet & Salty Lime, Margarita! That’s it. Pressure Cooker Margarita Cocktail Boiled Peanuts were born.
Making Pressure Cooker Margarita Cocktail Boiled Peanuts in an Pressure Cooker, takes a fraction of the time it takes to make them on the stove or in a slow cooker.
Rinse the raw peanuts well and remove any twigs or anything that is not a peanut.
Add some sea salt boiled peanuts, sugar and True Lime Crystalized Citrus. Alternatively, you can squeeze in 10 or so Fresh Limes, or add a carton of Limeade. Do whatever makes your comfortable. I used the True Lime Crystalized Citrus because I wanted an intense Lime taste.
If you want something more traditional, try my Pressure Cooker Southern Style Boiled Peanuts and dream of the South. I’m from Miami, which is South, but not actually considered the “South.”
I did live in Charleston for a while, so, I do know my peanuts. Plus, driving across Florida on Alligator Alley, you run into a lot of Boiled Peanut Stands.
To keep the peanuts immersed in water, place a plate or trivet on the peanuts to hold them down.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Salbree Steamer Basket
- Stainless Steel Steaming Steamer Rack
- Raw Peanuts in Shell
- True Lime
- Bamboo Strainer
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Margarita Cocktail Boiled PeanutsPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- Rinse peanuts under cool water and remove any twigs, roots, whatever doesn't belong.
- Add peanuts, salt, sugar and True Lime to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot and cover with water. Place a plate or trivet on top to hold down the peanuts.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 60-80 minutes. When Beep is heard, wait until all pressure is released naturally and then let sit 30 minutes.
- Add peanuts, salt, sugar and True Lime to your slow cooker cooking pot and cover with water. Cook on HIGH for 10 hours.
- In large stock pot, add peanuts, salt and water and bring to boil. Cover and set heat to low. Simmer for 3.5 hours, or until desired tenderness.