There really is a trick to making perfect Cinnamon Toast. Who knew? I read an article by Ree Drummond a few years back, about making perfect Cinnamon Toast in the oven. Since I love Cinnamon Toast, I had to do the same experiment. She was right, there really is a trick to making perfect Cinnamon Toast in the oven and I’ve been making it that way, ever since.
I recently was given a GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Air Fryer, which I am enjoying so much. No longer do I turn on my oven for bagels! I felt like Cinnamon Toast today and prepared it as usual but this time, cooked it in the Air Fryer and it cooked quicker and was easier!!!! Score, big time!
Please feel free to join the chat at Facebook Air Fryer Recipe Group, where we share recipes, methods and fun.
Making the Cinnamon Toast in the GoWise 3.7 Quart Air Fryer only takes 5 minutes, as opposed to using the oven, which takes 10 minutes and then another minute under the broiler! A touch of freshly ground pepper gives the toast an elegant flavor or try a dash of fresh nutmeg. But, try the pepper, you will be surprised.
Allow your butter to get to room temperature and add the rest of the ingredients. Using a pepper mill if you have, add in about five grinds, which is about 1/8 teaspoon.
I love homemade Ghee and thought I would try it in this recipe, but it doesn’t work, so, if you were thinking about trying it, it just doesn’t work. The sugar just won’t caramelize because the water content is just not there. Use a fork or spoon and mix everything together well, until it is well incorporated. I love this so much I make a double batch and store it in a small Lock N Lock.
Spread a thin layer of the cinnamon butter mix onto your UNTOASTED bread, all the way out to the edges. If you use thick bread, use more of the cinnamon butter. There really is a method to this madness. You will end up with the most perfect Cinnamon Toast, you have ever had.
I make my own Hokkaido Milk Sandwich Loaf, which is really delicious with this recipe and I do love Whole Wheat bread for this as well.
Place the buttered bread in your Air Fryer for 5 minutes.
- GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Lock N Lock Small Container
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 12 slices Bread, whole wheat is great
- 1 stick Salted Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4-6 cranks Fresh Ground Black Pepper, optional
- Mash softened butter with a fork or back of spoon and add in sugar, cinnamon, pepper and vanilla.
- Stir to completely combine.
- Spread on bread, making sure to completely cover the entire surface.
- Place as many slices fit into your Air Fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from Air Fryer and cut diagonally.