Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote is a delicious and sweet topping for desserts, ice cream, yogurt, toast and more.
There are so many wonderful recipes to make with Summer fruit. I like to take advantage of the season and make as many fruity recipes as possible.
Using my Pressure Cooker, allows me to make a lot of recipes, in a short amount of time, with little effort. I rarely even peel the skin off my fruit anymore. 🙂
Oh my gosh, I just want to take a bite out of these peaches. They look so yummy. I leave the skin on, but if it bothers you, just remove the skin.
Into the Pressure Cooker cooking pot, go the peaches, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. If you like nutmeg or ginger, think about adding a tiny amount.
If you want a stronger, Crisp/Cobbler taste, add in a Tablespoon of butter.
If I am using this Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote over a New York Cheesecake, Cake or Ice Cream, I do like the added butter flavor. I will also cook down the Fresh Peach Crisp Compote to remove some of the liquid and make a more syrupy consistency.
I like to drop in the whole Vanilla Bean after scraping out the caviar. It adds more vanilla goodness.
After the pressure has been released, mix the peaches around to finish breaking up any chunks. If you want a thicker, more syrupy compote, use the Sauté or Browning feature, to evaporate some of the liquid.
Mix in the Grapenuts Nuggets Cereal. The heat will soften them to the perfect texture.
Taste and adjust to your desire. Some people prefer a sweeter taste or a stronger cinnamon taste.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- Ball 16 oz Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Beanilla Vanilla Beans
- Grapenuts Nuggets Cereal
- Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain Hot Cereal
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 8 Peaches, ripe and chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup 5 Grain Oats, optional
- 2 Tablespoons Grapenuts Cereal, or more
- Add peaches, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean caviar, vanilla bean and vanilla to Pressure Cooker cooking pot. If desired, add oats.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 1 minute.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- For a more syrupy Compote, simmer, until desired consistency.
- Add Grapenuts and mix through.