Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote is a delicious and sweet topping for desserts, ice cream, yogurt, toast and more.
Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote
There are so many wonderful recipes to make with Summer fruit.
I like to take advantage of the season and make as many fruity recipes as possible.
Using my Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, allows me to make a lot of recipes, in a short amount of time, with little effort. I rarely even peel the skin off my fruit anymore. 🙂
I actually made a double batch of this Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote, since I love it so much.
Oh my gosh, I just want to take a bite out of these peaches.
They look so yummy. I leave the skin on, but if it bothers you, just remove the skin.
Into the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker cooking pot, go the peaches, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
If you like nutmeg or ginger, think about adding a tiny amount.
If you want a stronger, Crisp/Cobbler taste, add in a Tablespoon of butter.
If I am using this Pressure Cooker Fresh Peach Crisp Compote over a New York Cheesecake, Cake or Ice Cream, I do like the added butter flavor.
I will also cook down the Fresh Peach Crisp Compote to remove some of the liquid and make a more syrupy consistency.
I like to drop in the whole Vanilla Bean after scraping out the caviar.
It adds more vanilla goodness.
After the pressure has been released, mix the peaches around to finish breaking up any chunks.
If you want a thicker, more syrupy compote, use the Sauté or Browning feature, to evaporate some of the liquid.
Mix in the Grapenuts Nuggets Cereal. The heat will soften them to the perfect texture.
Taste and adjust to your desire. Some people prefer a sweeter taste or a stronger cinnamon taste.
This is delicious over my Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake, over ice cream.
It is especially yummy on Homemade Thick Greek Yogurt.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board
- Ball 16 oz Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Beanilla Vanilla Beans
- Grapenuts Nuggets Cereal
- Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain Hot Cereal
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Peach Crisp Compote
- Add peaches, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean caviar, vanilla bean and vanilla to Pressure Cooker cooking pot. If desired, add oats.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 1 minute. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- For a more syrupy Compote, simmer, until desired consistency. Add Grapenuts and mix through.